HP all in 1 networking printer

Currently reading:
HP all in 1 networking printer

MickeyBravo

Daily Drive 5dr 1.8 Focus
right,just wondering how do i go across using our printer wirelessly and so that any comp can print from it? At mo i have it plugged into the comp via usb,and if i were 2 print off the laptop,id plug the usb cable in.
Is it just the case of plugging in a ethernet cable in then hucking it up the network and connecting the comps to it? BUT how do i do it wirelessly as its basically other end of room from where the moderm is and itd be case of buying a 10 meter cable..
Any one any idea?

Cheers,
Mike

I had a CD with mine to set it up - initially set the printer up from the PC using the cable (PC-printer) then it gave the option to set the wireless up afterwards, didn't need to plug into the router at all, it detected the wireless network, just needed the key. Then put the CD in the laptop and told it to setup the wireless software only, cable not needed for this bit.

ah right cheers hellz,i aint got the cd as we got it given.Ill get it off their website.BUT i did a bit of googlin and few forums all said its not got built in wireless.U need a printer server wireless dongle thing? U say you didnt use it? just installed thru usb 1st and chose wireless option?

right k,cheers.Gona mess about wiv it 2moz.I got the full software downloadin on ma lappy at mo (nearly done) so shall see 2moz when i go to install/plug it all in.

Downloaded the software for it this morning and tried installing it.Got it all up and running but i dont think my printer has wireless built in as wen i searched for it it cud not be found along the network.The only way it could be run and used on the network was by having an ethernet cable plugged into it.Obviously i could just plug the usb in and quite print that way.Everytime i tried to print when the cable was unplugged,it kept saying offline..Not to worry,i just need a 3/5 meter cable and itll be sorted.Just bit of a pain keep unpluggin and swappin the usb cable over :)

What HP all-in-one printer is it? The OfficeJet Pro L7780 has wireless ethernet built in where as the L7580/L7680 doesnt.

I'll be honest, these are the only HP all-in-ones that I've had any dealings with so I cant comment on the others.

its the photosmart 2750.Figured out its not got built in wireless as when i go onto the menu then network there is no wireless option plus i had a read off the hp site.Its just networkin i found out.Its rite tho as im gettin a 3 meter ethernet cable,which then means the laptop and comp can print wireless :)
So im sorted now Cheers :)

Back