General How much would you pay?

Currently reading:
General How much would you pay?

Trav
Stick with the uno and get it tuned K,N air filters etc.
My little 1108cc flys along and cruises comfortably on the m,way at 80/90 ish not bad for a car 14 years old.
Think of the money u will save not to mention your insurance premium and the attraction of the Old bill if you go for a car reknowned for being owned and driven by chavs like lunatics.
The chavs will also be after your Saxo for parts they have to replace after crashing theirs and other chavs nicking parts off theirs vicious cycle lol.
Pete

aww that poor little uno, if i had £400 i'd buy it from you as i want a black one.

dont buy a french car, they are sooo hard to work with! hiding cables in near impossable.

good luck with watever you do but if i were you consider the UT or a UT conversion.

Cheers,
Ryan Edge

Trav 1.1uno said:
... when ever i start the car up, it die's really quiclkly, i need 2 keep revin for a few minutes to get the engine to tick over, any1 know why this could be? or any ways to fix?
As you have the carb Uno is the choke out at this point? Will it idol OK when warm?

Also, have you checked the vacuum diaphragm for leeks?

Trav 1.1uno said:
(n)

yeh it is a good idea but it trying to find 1 and if i do, will the bodywork be as good as my own, if not id need to swap engines n mounting brackets and everythin, i dnt really no that much but i doubt id be able to do that, and a garage would prob skin me stupid :( (n)

You can get a mint uno turbo for less than £1200, or a decent one for abt £800. Theres one on ebay that has had a full resto and a years mot for £600 at the moment. Thats much less than you would pay for a vts!

Louie Bee said:
As you have the carb Uno is the choke out at this point? Will it idol OK when warm?

Also, have you checked the vacuum diaphragm for leeks?

yeah louie when choke out it struggles to tick over n just dies. but when its warm its ok. havent checked vac yet, any pointers?

dont buy citroen, i remember in my uncles ax, he went round the corner, and the passenger seat that i was sitting in, ripped from the floor and i went flying, got admit though it was so funny! but if this happened with the drivers seat on the motor way or sumthing it could cause and accident and you could die cos you have no seat belt.

Wot about an UT? My mate has a VTR and my ova has a VTS, the VTR are only 90bhp any way, we are all the same age and mine is fairly cheap 2 insure only £900 for 10months and im only 19. B4 i had my Ut I HAD A PEUGEOT 106 XSI 1.4 and that was awesome, it was superchiped and reved all the way 7250rpm - rapid little car, cheaper than a VTR too x x

Trav,

I reckon that there's no such thing as a 'bad' car, it's all just about what you get for your money and whether you enjoy driving it.

Yes, a Citroen Saxo VTR probably is 'nicer' than your Uno, but it's not comparing apples with apples, is it? It's easy to drive another car and then when you go back to the Uno, feel rather dejected about it (of course there is usually an age and price difference!) I found this with going back to my '88 Uno Turbo after an '03 Punto in the UK. But that's not because the Uno is a 'bad' car. Rather, it's about what you get used to. As soon as I became reacqainted with the power and fun of the Uno Turbo, I got over my feelings! And that probably relates to the fact that when an Uno Turbo was new, it was more expensive than a base-model Punto is today!

The other day I drove a Daewoo Nexia (I think it was, though to be honest I didn't even notice what model...) and I came away thinking, what a nasty driveline shunt and on/off throttle action. The engine sounded harsh too. Maybe the engine was quieter than my Uno, but it just didn't sound right. It didn't matter that this was a two-year old car, the main thing is that it did not meet my expectations for what it is (basically, a new car).

It's all about priorities as well. You could just buy a new Aston Martin DB9, for example (most expectations probably met for a while), but it costs as much as a house.

After a year or so, you'll be wondering if life might have been better had you bought the Ferrari 575.

I hope you see where I'm coming from here... there's no such thing as the 'perfect' car, but by all means try and find it :)

-Alex

Last edited:
Back