Tuning Uno 1108 carburetted how do I get more power

Currently reading:
Tuning Uno 1108 carburetted how do I get more power

Uno1108

Hi I bought a carburetted 1108cc Uno and I'm wanting abit more power out of the engine anyone know anything?

Unless you want to spend a great deal of money, your best option is to keep on top of basic service items.
Spark plugs, spark plug leads, distributor cap, rotor arm, air filter etc etc
In standard form the uno was a light weight car and nippy even with the 1.1 engine.
What year is your uno ?
Are you in UK?

Unless you want to spend a great deal of money, your best option is to keep on top of basic service items.
Spark plugs, spark plug leads, distributor cap, rotor arm, air filter etc etc
In standard form the uno was a light weight car and nippy even with the 1.1 engine.
What year is your uno ?
Are you in UK?
It is a 1990 I've kept on top of the basic maintenance just wondering if there is any more power to be made without spending silly money on it

It is a 1990 I've kept on top of the basic maintenance just wondering if there is any more power to be made without spending silly money on it

No there is no cheap way to more power.
Using premium petrol may be a good idea.
Is it in good condition?
Are you in the UK?

Are you sure it is carb?
I have a feeling it could be monopoint injection.

I'm in the UK it's definitely a carb as I rebuilt it. What engine mods are about for it?
Hi,
Good to know it's a carb , probably one of the last carb models sold in UK.

Seriously there are no cheap engine mods for this car. Do not try any of the intake air hoses /pipes / tubes they are all expensive rubbish.

If you want a more powerful car then it's far cheaper to buy a more powerful car.

Is this your first car?

If your car is in good condition don't mess with it , look after it and it will increase in value.

Best wishes

Jack

Hi,
Good to know it's a carb , probably one of the last carb models sold in UK.

Seriously there are no cheap engine mods for this car. Do not try any of the intake air hoses /pipes / tubes they are all expensive rubbish.

If you want a more powerful car then it's far cheaper to buy a more powerful car.

Is this your first car?

If your car is in good condition don't mess with it , look after it and it will increase in value.

Best wishes

Jack
It's not in the best as I'm using it for autotests ,
Thank you

Back