How much is a 123 Mile / 27 Year Old Volvo Worth?

Currently reading:
How much is a 123 Mile / 27 Year Old Volvo Worth?

123 mile - 27 year old

its going to need 4 new tyres + 1 spare
Fuel will be stale, Oil will have seperated
possible damp / mould due to be locked up
Battery will be flat a ****
Engine might be seized, due to lack of use
Brake will probably be seized and ready for a fluid change

The car will need some serious work doing before i'd put it back on the road....

And to the volvo lovers out there - even if its a salmon pink one, will be worth more then a panda

Where a fiat lover will find a panda more valuable

Panda's are cool tho - still want one as a project car!

Ziggy

Guess you guys have never driven a Volvo 340 then, they're an absolute blast especially the 2.0litre version. Front engine, rear transaxle, gives nice balance & apparently the drifters love them. I'd buy it I had the dosh.

Guess you guys have never driven a Volvo 340 then, they're an absolute blast especially the 2.0litre version. Front engine, rear transaxle, gives nice balance & apparently the drifters love them. I'd buy it I had the dosh.

My ex' had the 1.7 in beige. I had a 480 turbo engine in my Renault 5GT Raider. I often wondered how hard would it have been to drop the 1.7 turbo into the 340. Would have been like my MGB only with head room and stealth. ;)

Buying it to drift or even use would somewhat defeat the point!

Although this is from someone who has vowed never to have nice/rare old car again (unless i can afford two cars) as my driving style and usage cycle mean they tend to die quite quickly.

Wonder if it still has the damage that caused the owner to give up driving.

ive driven those things
certainly nothing to write home about
and they rotted in weird places
and most of them had a renault engine
nuff said
weight it in
£100 a tonne chuck your old washing machine in the back for extra tonnage

Going to say the winning bidder wont have any intention of putting it back on the road

I think a car museum will buy it and have it on display - maybe after some light restoration to the damage

Using it would remove the only thing giving it value.
It's not a design classic, it's not the first or last of anything, no one has ever ever said, "At last I can have a volvo 340/380/brick."

I have a friend who constantly pines after the old days when things were simpler. When we had carburettors, when going out to your car in the morning was a 50/50 shot at it starting, when 5th gear was a luxury. Just no you wanna go on a nostalgia trip have a look by all means but let some other poor sod put up with the car.

And as for N cap safety ratings - the thing looks as though it is built like a WW2 tank (and drives in much the same way) but in a head to head with a modern tin can...
I'd rather be in the tin can.

Have to say. My dad had a Volvo estate back in the day & whilst it was positively tardis-like, neither of us could get on with the obscure driving position - the steering wheel or pedal box or seat were offset somehow so it felt like a most unnatural driving position of any car we've ever driven.

And as for N cap safety ratings - the thing looks as though it is built like a WW2 tank (and drives in much the same way) but in a head to head with a modern tin can...
I'd rather be in the tin can.

Have to say. My dad had a Volvo estate back in the day & whilst it was positively tardis-like, neither of us could get on with the obscure driving position - the steering wheel or pedal box or seat were offset somehow so it felt like a most unnatural driving position of any car we've ever driven.

You'd be making the correct decision!

I'd have the Volvo any day. A 240 estate was the best car I have ever owned and if SWMBO didn't keep overruling me I'd have another tomorrow.

Back