Technical How do I know if I'm Aux-In Compatible?

Currently reading:
Technical How do I know if I'm Aux-In Compatible?

Hey forum,

Thinking of getting one of those cables on eBay (has a big connector to go in the back of the radio straight to a 3.5mm / headphone jack)

But I'm not sure if it'll work.

I've got a 2005 1.2 Dynamic, double din standard radio with CD player.

It has 'Blaupunt' on it, but not the 'mp3' mark. That's where my confusion starts.

And when I press source, it goes between Radio and CD , but I have a feeling if I attached one of these cables it might give me the MP3 or Aux-In menu?

I'm sure it mentions 'Phone settings' when I go through the radio menu but not sure if this means it's compatible :O

I should have the same radio as you and I have an i-pod dock and a parrot hands-free kit connected into the back of mine. It was all installed ten and a half years ago so I can't remember much about the install. The source button selects between the radio, cd and i-pod. I can't use the cd player in mine as it seems to trip up the urge to turn the radio on in the middle of the night whenever the engine is switched off and I'm in my bed sleeping. I'd forgotten about the i-pod dock so I must try and find the i-pod and see if it still works (hopefully without the cd effect).

Hi,
you have to add a link on the connector to "tell" the radio there is an external source connected. On my Marea (Grundig) radio it was between the CD data line and ground IIIRC. I belive that on some Blaupunkt radios you connect the CD data out to CD data in. Pull the radio, get the model number and google it for AUX in. You can also try linking the pins before you buy the lead and see if it allows you to select aux in.

HTH,
Robert G8RPI.

Back