Tuning Holly COW! a low rider Bravo with air suspention!!

Currently reading:
Tuning Holly COW! a low rider Bravo with air suspention!!

Interesting that someone has actually bagged a Bravo. A very expensive suspension set-up, would pretty much cost half the price of the car.

Maybe i'm just misinformed. I thought airbags cost about £3-4k.

Tad, I wasn't implying the Bravo is a bargain bin car!!

Maybe i'm just misinformed. I thought airbags cost about £3-4k.

Tad, I wasn't implying the Bravo is a bargain bin car!!

About £1500 for a bag setup.

Not really a low rider, all they've done is go for the "in da hood" look with stupidly big wheels and bags. I like how it is now undriveable, looks stupid as cow pat, and is no lower than mines on coilovers when "driving" yet still scrapes like a mofo coz the stupid 20's. "It's bling tho, innit." The last words he'll here as he crashes coz the car now handles like ass. Also, he lack of arch liners will be a concern, since in a few years time his bagged Bravo will look even worse, as the arches start rotting away from the inside.

Can you tell I am a fan?

About £1500 for a bag setup.

Not really a low rider, all they've done is go for the "in da hood" look with stupidly big wheels and bags. I like how it is now undriveable, looks stupid as cow pat, and is no lower than mines on coilovers when "driving" yet still scrapes like a mofo coz the stupid 20's. "It's bling tho, innit." The last words he'll here as he crashes coz the car now handles like ass. Also, he lack of arch liners will be a concern, since in a few years time his bagged Bravo will look even worse, as the arches start rotting away from the inside.

Can you tell I am a fan?

I don't like the style of those bling bling wheels either but at least this guy is trying something no one ever did with a bravo.

Your car is also dangerously low and uncomfy but no one felt the need to rant about it...

I don't like the style of those bling bling wheels either but at least this guy is trying something no one ever did with a bravo.

Your car is also dangerously low and uncomfy but no one felt the need to rant about it...

Except this guy, or another black one on 20's? Can't find that video at the moment though. Oh, or this guy?

I hate when people ruin a perfectly good car. Some may say I ruined mine, fair play, they can have a rant if they wish. Thread started for opinions, I gave mine.

I don't know why you're posting those videos, those cars are only lowered, no dynamic air suspension.

Did you watch the 1st video:confused: My bad on the 2nd, done a little research and it's coils, but i figured that he'd want some steering at least, and it would be bagged. Apparently steering isn't on his wish list of things to have on his car.

same car, just if you can get a car that low on coils while being drivable, I'll give you a medal.

Last edited:
Bravos outside of UK aren't as cheap as you might think and they certainly don't have that low end bargain reputation.

I guess that depends on how far outside of the UK. At least here in Sweden Fiat certainly has a low-end reputation both because of quality issues and rust problems. And the Bravo certainly is no exception - the build quality is ages behind the German and Swedish cars; and rust-wise... well just look in the front of the rear wheel wells. WHO came up with the brilliant idea of making a little crud-collecting shelf that you have to wipe clean after every drive unless you want a mountain of wet soil in there?

But anyways - that's why you buy a Fiat if you're Swedish. They're as crude and as cheap as (or even cheaper than) the Kias and Hyundais, but they look better and run quieter. Nothing wrong with that, it's an important market segment to fill!

But - air ride suspension? REALLY? To me it's a horror movie. Sort of like if the Americans would have gotten hold of a Bravo, only slightly more tasteless.

And the Bravo certainly is no exception - the build quality is ages behind the German and Swedish cars;

Sounds like you've a different class of German and Swedish cars where you are then.

Rust isn't a problem on Fiat's like it used to be, and hasn't been for the last decade, and as for the build quality of modern German cars, don't get me started on how over-rated it is :rolleyes:

But anyways - that's why you buy a Fiat if you're Swedish. They're as crude and as cheap as (or even cheaper than) the Kias and Hyundais, but they look better and run quieter. Nothing wrong with that, it's an important market segment to fill!

In which decade are you living?

We're in 2012, there are no real swedish cars anymore and the germans are ****ting their pants when they see the new korean models in car shows.

Saab which was one of the dumbest car companies around is rightfully dead and volvo is owned by the chinese. Give it a few more years and volvos will all be built in china.

Either you're a really old guy stuck in the past or you just don't know what you're talking about...

Personally, I hate badge snobs more than I hate people who personalize their cars with "distasteful" mods.

Last edited:
Here's a little video to further enlighten our swedish friend who thinks korean cars ar crap.

This is the big boss of VW (audi and porsche included) personally inspecting a hyundai i30 and then yelling at his chief engineer for spending millions in r&d for the steering wheel adjustment mechanism and still not being able to do it as good as the koreans.

He's also complaining that the view in the i30 is better than in his german cars.

Either you're a really old guy stuck in the past or you just don't know what you're talking about...

I'm a 41 year old guy who looks around and sees brand new 2011 Fiats STILL standing around in the showrooms not being sold even though they are now marked down to about half the price of the competition. That's the situation for Fiat here in Sweden, and I believe that's what we were talking about - the situation outside of the UK.

So - I'm afraid you are wrong. Bravos (or Fiats in general) ARE considered cheap because they are really cheap. And yes they do carry a really bad quality reputation - that's why they're not moving out of the showrooms despite the heavy mark downs. Again, I'm not talking about the situation in continental Europe in general, just what it's like in Sweden; which was the original premise of my post.

And, to be honest, the reputation isn't just based on the past. I drive a -08 Bravo that was an absolute bargain to buy, runs very cheap, quieter than the nearest competitors in this market (i30 and Cee'd) but compared to the Volvos, Saabs and BMWs I have previously been driving it certainly doesn't convey being a "quality vehicle" by a long shot.

Things rattle, break, fall off and tie rod ends need replacement already after 55000 kms (I have never had to replace one before 150000 kms on any car I've previously owned). In the winter there's never enough cabin heat even when I use a block heater before taking off and cover the grille with cardboard like people haven't had to do since the 60s. On top of that I had to replace the brake booster at 37000 kms! I have honestly never even heard of one of those failing at all before, at least not until the car is 30-some-years-old and the rubber membranes crack due to age.

But all this doesn't matter - I like the car a lot. It does exactly what I bought it for - getting me really cheaply from point A to point B, without deafening me along the way, and without boring me to death like a Cee'd or i30. So what it all boils down to is - it's a car that delivers just about everything I want from it (except cabin heat in the winter) and at a good price. But "quality vehicle"?? Definitely not.

Back