Technical Cold air intake fiat bravo 1.4 t jet 120

Currently reading:
Technical Cold air intake fiat bravo 1.4 t jet 120

Its not all about power! its about driveability as well!- no point in having an extra 40bhp if its all at the top end and make the bottom and mid-range hollow so you struggle in traffic with no power or pull until you floor it and drive forever on the throttle or brakes with no steady power for normal use! that along with the added wear and tear on both engine gearbox and chassis usually mean its a compromise too far and ruins the car!

Last edited:
I also think it would be beneficial if I get a stage 1 remap, I’m not sure because the car is from 2009 , and it’s done 69k miles but , it’s a very healthy car , avon tuning said I could achieve around 165hp from a stage 1(those results look too good to be true) that’s quite a big jump from 120hp and I have no clue how much stress that would put on my motor, so I’m unsure … I am not sure if a good cold air intake would benefit from this , I’ve heard people say it would and it wouldn’t , maybe keep it stock and stage 1?
The problem with after market kits when you start adding more power is without a good cold air feed, from somewhere that actually gets cold air and the filter housing is not somewhere away from the heat of the engine, you can get a lot of heat soak and therefore any gains are immediately cancelled out by the extra heat that is getting into the induction system. You may actually be better off keeping the OEM filter, leaving everything looking completely standard, then getting the remap anyway, and possibly looking at a better exhaust

The problem with after market kits when you start adding more power is without a good cold air feed, from somewhere that actually gets cold air and the filter housing is not somewhere away from the heat of the engine, you can get a lot of heat soak and therefore any gains are immediately cancelled out by the extra heat that is getting into the induction system. You may actually be better off keeping the OEM filter, leaving everything looking completely standard, then getting the remap anyway, and possibly looking at a better exhaust
Ye I thought about that because if your cold air intake is constantly sucking in hot air you can actually LOSE performance , my air intake is underneath , I usually see cars with the air box ontop in the engine bay in the corner , this car the intake seems to be more difficult to get to , it’s actually basically at the floor close to the wheel arch , which makes me think it would probably suck up water and could end up hydro locking

Ye I thought about that because if your cold air intake is constantly sucking in hot air you can actually LOSE performance , my air intake is underneath near the wheel arch, I usually see cars with the air box ontop in the engine bay in the corner , this car the intake seems to be more difficult to get to , it’s actually basically at the floor close to the wheel arch , which makes me think it would probably suck up water and could end up hydro locking

Back