Technical Cold air intake fiat bravo 1.4 t jet 120

Currently reading:
Technical Cold air intake fiat bravo 1.4 t jet 120

Ryan J

Hey , I’m struggling to find a cold air intake for my car but I realised the Alfa Romeo mito 1.4 tb has the same engine and similar engine layout , would a cold air intake for one of them fit in my 1.4 t jet bravo 120?

Its a Turbo.....

No point in a cold air intake on a turbo... The air gets warmed up by compression after the turbo. You're better off looking at a better intercooler.

This is why you can't find what you are looking for.

Its a Turbo.....

No point in a cold air intake on a turbo... The air gets warmed up by compression after the turbo. You're better off looking at a better intercooler.

This is why you can't find what you are looking for.
It depends where you place it in the bay, you can get an air box for the cone filter , I also just adore the sound that they produce , many turbocharged cars I see have cold air intakes

This is where the stock filter in the box is located

Attachments

• IMG_4758.jpeg
    IMG_4758.jpeg
    517.5 KB · Views: 113
Is this residue from a leaky turbo ?

Attachments

• 82398dbb-0091-44d3-8221-264471041425.jpeg
    82398dbb-0091-44d3-8221-264471041425.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 88
Welcome to the forums!
What exactly are you trying to achieve? more air flow or the like?.
Thank you! I like the sound that cold air intakes make , yes I know the performance gain is marginal , and yes I know you can suck up hot air instead of cold, which is why I’d get one with a heat shield or a housing box , my stock air filter and box actually looks quite far away from the manifold

I get it!.
Dont expect theres much out there specifically for your car but i do like the idea of modifying the Alfa one to fit or something similar! part of the fun eh!? keep us up to speed with how you get on!.
good luck!.

I get it!.
Dont expect theres much out there specifically for your car but i do like the idea of modifying the Alfa one to fit or something similar! part of the fun eh!? keep us up to speed with how you get on!.
good luck!.
I don’t think that box sat behind the battery is actually the intake box , it looks a little too close , not too sure , this car is a bit difficult compared to others I have seen and worked on

I don’t think that box sat behind the battery is actually the intake box , it looks a little too close , not too sure , this car is a bit difficult compared to others I have seen and worked on
It's not, that's your fuse box, it's probably best you don't remove that.

The air filter is a canister type that is fitted low down in the engine bay

I get it!.
good luck!.
I don’t think that box sat behind the battery is actually the intake box , it looks a little too close , not too sure , this car is a bit difficult compared to others I have seen
It's not, that's your fuse box, it's probably best you don't remove that.

The air filter is a canister type that is fitted low down in the engine bay
yep I discovered that yesterday and thought I was so stupid , I don’t usually mistake silly stuff like that and it got to me for the whole day lol, thanks though

Hey every now and then due to pressures of life! such as ,stress, drunkeness, and being knackered! a tiny bit of our brain breaks off and travels through our bodys to reappear at our B*M hole!- when used from this position we think /talk/ and believe our own load of old Bol**ks!!👎
Its called the HOMER EFFECT! :LOL: only lasts a short while and then vanishes leaving us once more clear of thought and mind and able to see the error of our thinking! thus able to stand tall and recommence the battle fully aware and ready to make progress!!(y).
Aint got enough fingers to count all the DOH!!!! moments ive given meself over the years🤣. dont forget whatever cock- up youve just made someone somewhere beat ya to it!:rolleyes::LOL:

Hey every now and then due to pressures of life! such as ,stress, drunkeness, and being knackered! a tiny bit of our brain breaks off and travels through our bodys to reappear at our B*M hole!- when used from this position we think /talk/ and believe our own load of old Bol**ks!!👎
Its called the HOMER EFFECT! :LOL: only lasts a short while and then vanishes leaving us once more clear of thought and mind and able to see the error of our thinking! thus able to stand tall and recommence the battle fully aware and ready to make progress!!(y).
Aint got enough fingers to count all the DOH!!!! moments ive given meself over the years🤣. dont forget whatever cock- up youve just made someone somewhere beat ya to it!:rolleyes::LOL:
Thanks that gave me a good laugh 😁

yep I discovered that yesterday and thought I was so stupid , I don’t usually mistake silly stuff like that and it got to me for the whole day lol, thanks though
No problem. I put an air filter in the wrong way round on a car then posted the video online.. So i'm not immune to mistakes.

That video is still up by the way, it gets comments every now and again telling me I'm a muppet and engagement is good for the channel.

Back on topic, the air filter on the bravo t-jet is a cone type design and I don’t know exactly where the intake is but is likely to be low down in the engine bay and already getting cold air so any aftermarket kit would more than likely make zero difference

Back on topic, the air filter on the bravo t-jet is a cone type design and I don’t know exactly where the intake is but is likely to be low down in the engine bay and already getting cold air so any aftermarket kit would more than likely make zero difference
I know, I realised it was down below when I checked again , I don’t mind if it has little power gain , I enjoy the improved sound it makes to be honest

I also think it would be beneficial if I get a stage 1 remap, I’m not sure because the car is from 2009 , and it’s done 69k miles but , it’s a very healthy car , avon tuning said I could achieve around 165hp from a stage 1(those results look too good to be true) that’s quite a big jump from 120hp and I have no clue how much stress that would put on my motor, so I’m unsure … I am not sure if a good cold air intake would benefit from this , I’ve heard people say it would and it wouldn’t , maybe keep it stock and stage 1?

Attachments

• IMG_4834.jpeg
    IMG_4834.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back