General hi ,help needed

Currently reading:
General hi ,help needed

richiejw76

Hi all , the wife has a 52 stilo 1.6 16v 4 door, she curbed it yesterday and broke the long plastic cover under the passenger side of the car so it no scrapes when she drives. my question is what is this cover for ? will it matter if i remove it ? and if its needed how much am i looking at to get it replaced ?

thanks

Richie

Its the under tray. As far as I am aware its just to protect the engine (mainly belts and stuff) from the elements. Mine came off on the motorway about 6 months ago. I havnt bothered replacing it. Ive heard there quite expensive for what they are.

Owen.

Hmmm the description 'long plastic cover under the passenger side' sounds more like the plastic trunking that runs the full length of the underbody to protect brake and fuel lines.

Hmmm the description 'long plastic cover under the passenger side' sounds more like the plastic trunking that runs the full length of the underbody to protect brake and fuel lines.

Yeah, thats what i thought too. I had mine drag for a few miles along the motorway, thought it was something else. Typically it should have some clips/plugs that you can just push it back in along the underside sill of the car. Failing that, cable ties work.

Back