Hey Jai, beware #3 !!!

Currently reading:
Hey Jai, beware #3 !!!

Doesn't suprise me at all. 7 weeks ago I was taken into hospital in an ambulance on a 999 call, which went to plan, but then when I got into hospital they left me in a side ward for 6 hours and hours til the morning shift turned up! (n)

Doesn't suprise me at all. 7 weeks ago I was taken into hospital in an ambulance on a 999 call, which went to plan, but then when I got into hospital they left me in a side ward for 6 hours and hours til the morning shift turned up! (n)
Not quite the same thing. The Ambulance Service did its job for you, it was the Government's targets that let you down.

You were quite lucky you actually got through the door. As a Hospital's target for treating a patient starts as he or she enters the building, the way they deal with it is by not allowing the Paramedics to take you inside, but leave you in the Ambulance.

The case in this thread probably concerned a PTS (Passenger Transport Service) vehicle which is basically a mini-bus with a tail lift, so the patient was probably at the back and probably asleep. Nonetheless, the driver was obviously a bit of a dopey git.

I'll ask Mrs. Beard what happened, she'll know.

Back