Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit) official download

Currently reading:
Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit) official download

Phwoar sounds like an uphill struggle, especially if you're still on Vista (doesn't seem like MS support it anymore?!).

My network card has just gone down the shoot, and my god what work it is. :(

If you haven't already, buy a cheap USB WiFi card with a driver disk. Install and connect to the Internet. Install Driver Booster and install all drivers it finds.

You say that Linux doesn't work ... simply download another version (free): go to ubuntu (dot)com
Because you already have Windows installed, Linux (you'll have to burn it onto dvd first to install..) will offer you the option of erasing Windows altogether, or installing it alongside whatever Linux you have on your computer, or erasing Linux and installing the new version.

If you choose this latter option - erasing the old Linux and installing the new version, it will put a grub loader - a boot device inside Windows so that at start up you can choose between either Windows or Linux. It's actually quite easy to do.

If you install and start Linux, it will probably connect to the Internet straight away. At the top left of the Linux screen you can click and search the computer. Look for the disk tool and launch it. Linux can see inside Windows partitions .. you can use Linux to download software, then move it into Windows.

Alternatively - if you know how (it's easy..instructions on
the ubuntu website) -download and install the Linux software onto a usb pen. Change your bios settings to 'boot from usb device' for first boot. With the pen inserted the computer will boot from Linux at start up.

If Windows Vista was the original operating system on your computer you may have difficulty with drivers if you've upgraded to Windows7. Vista was a terrible OS, really.

If you know how to use torrent files... ahem .. 'naughty downloads' - and you can actually access the websites concerned (many of them are blocked now) have a look on
torrentfreak (dot)com

Using Windows you'll need software such as 'utorrent' or bittorrent. Look on techradar (dot) com (if they aren't blocked..)

If you are going to use Linux.. there's a free download from the repository (that's the shopping bag icon on the left of the screen) called Transmission.

You'll find Windows 7, 10 and all the 'cracks' you need on those sites - if you can access them.

You say that Linux doesn't work ... simply download another version (free): go to ubuntu (dot)com
Because you already have Windows installed, Linux (you'll have to burn it onto dvd first to install..) will offer you the option of erasing Windows altogether, or installing it alongside whatever Linux you have on your computer, or erasing Linux and installing the new version.

If you choose this latter option - erasing the old Linux and installing the new version, it will put a grub loader - a boot device inside Windows so that at start up you can choose between either Windows or Linux. It's actually quite easy to do.

If you install and start Linux, it will probably connect to the Internet straight away. At the top left of the Linux screen you can click and search the computer. Look for the disk tool and launch it. Linux can see inside Windows partitions .. you can use Linux to download software, then move it into Windows.

Alternatively - if you know how (it's easy..instructions on
the ubuntu website) -download and install the Linux software onto a usb pen. Change your bios settings to 'boot from usb device' for first boot. With the pen inserted the computer will boot from Linux at start up.

If Windows Vista was the original operating system on your computer you may have difficulty with drivers if you've upgraded to Windows7. Vista was a terrible OS, really.

If you know how to use torrent files... ahem .. 'naughty downloads' - and you can actually access the websites concerned (many of them are blocked now) have a look on
torrentfreak (dot)com

Using Windows you'll need software such as 'utorrent' or bittorrent. Look on techradar (dot) com (if they aren't blocked..)

If you are going to use Linux.. there's a free download from the repository (that's the shopping bag icon on the left of the screen) called Transmission.

You'll find Windows 7, 10 and all the 'cracks' you need on those sites - if you can access them.

Windows 7 drivers will work fine on vista, dont know if you knew but windows 7 runs on the same kernel as windows vista (slightly updated but the base version is the same).

I would uninstall driver booster now - its probably got lots of junk behind, glad you sorted it but in fairness i would never use programs like this, if i had seen this post... i would of advised you to get the Hardware ID string from the device manager and then search google for that to help you find the correct drivers for the NIC and WiFi thats in the laptop.

Why not use driver Booster, it's simple, quick and reliable. When someone is struggling, why make them jump through hoops, potentially downloading incorrect drivers and killing a system, as we all know Google shows similar results to what you are actually looking for, not just the file you are looking for. I have used this product for years without any noticeable issues.

Back