Technical Help with my 500L

Currently reading:
Technical Help with my 500L

White 500L

Where do I start. The eml is on and the car won’t rev past 2500rpm. I’m getting fault code P2563 (Turbocharger boost control position sensor A high) I’ve replaced both MAP and MAF sensors. The thing is if I drive with my code reader plugged in and continuously erase the code the car drives and revs fine a turbo kicks in properly. Any ideas as to what’s wrong? And how to go about fixing it? Any help Is much appreciated thanks.

Does anyone have a video for changing spark plugs on a late 2020 Fiat 500L?

Where do I start. The eml is on and the car won’t rev past 2500rpm. I’m getting fault code P2563 (Turbocharger boost control position sensor A high) I’ve replaced both MAP and MAF sensors. The thing is if I drive with my code reader plugged in and continuously erase the code the car drives and revs fine a turbo kicks in properly. Any ideas as to what’s wrong? And how to go about fixing it? Any help Is much appreciated thanks.

The boost position sensor is connected to the turbo actuator .

Is there any pictures of what I’m looking for? I appreciate any help I can get as I’m refusing to give up an put it into a garage. Lol.

Find you turbo, look for a metal rod that operates a lever on the turbo(how much that rod moves controls boost)
The thing at opposite end of rod is boost actuator.on boost actuator or part of boost actuator is position sensor.

Post some photos of what you find.

Look online to see if you can get the position sensor/actuator- post photo of what you find.

J

Zoals eender gevraagd, waar zitten de bougies van een Fiat 500L bouwjaar eind 2020, zou zelf onderhoud willen doen op mijn wagen, dealers zijn zo duur tegenwoordig.

Attachments

• 20230402_122024.jpg
    20230402_122024.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
Zoals eender gevraagd, waar zitten de bougies van een Fiat 500L bouwjaar eind 2020, zou zelf onderhoud willen doen op mijn wagen, dealers zijn zo duur tegenwoordig.
The spark plugs are under the coils packs circled green in your photo

De bougies bevinden zich onder de bobines die op uw foto groen zijn omcirkeld

😀 I think the posts about spark plugs have ended up in wrong thread

Thanks Kris
😀 I think the posts about spark plugs have ended up in wrong thread
Sorry

Chris, Do you also know what it is in the yellow circle?

Cheers for the link? How easy will this be to fit? There’s not much room at the front on engine. Sorry for the stupid questions.

There are no stupid questions😀

The link I posted with pic is only to give you an idea of what it looks like and may not be the correct part for your car.

To find the correct part you need to use your engine code.

If you can't see the part or if you can't see how to remove it - this isn't a job for you.
Plus If part replaced the travel limits of the rod MAY need to be programmed to the ecu.

You could look for damaged wires going to part or damaged vacuum tube.

There are no stupid questions😀

The link I posted with pic is only to give you an idea of what it looks like and may not be the correct part for your car.

To find the correct part you need to use your engine code.

If you can't see the part or if you can't see how to remove it - this isn't a job for you.
Plus If part replaced the travel limits of the rod MAY need to be programmed to the ecu.

You could look for damaged wires going to part or damaged vacuum tube.
You can see the part once you take part of the cover off. Going by what I found online I thought it was maybe a sticky rod on the actuator but that wasn’t the case that’s when I replaced the MAP and then MAF sensor.

The wiring plug?

I think it's for the fuel injectors can't say 100% it's hard to tell from the pictures
Yes, that could be it, thanks in advance. Actually I'm looking for a garage workbook for this model but it's hard to find

Back