Technical Help! Non- starter stuck in Spain. Garage is telling me I need a new engine

Currently reading:
Technical Help! Non- starter stuck in Spain. Garage is telling me I need a new engine

nnf7

Hello,

I've a 2015 Fiat Doblo maxi cargo with a 1.3td engine. It stopped turning over whilst in Spain and I have taken it to a garage and have been told that the drive chain has probably snapped and I need a new engine. The van has only done 89500miles.

I've spoken to my mechanic back in the UK and they dont seem to believe this could have happened. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Or been told anything similar, and what was the problem...I'm really worried as at this rate I'm going to have to scrap the van in Spain and then pay to fly home and leave alot of my stuff here.

Any help woul be massively appreciated!

I am not sure removing the oil filter cap allows a view of cam shaft on the 1.3 diesel multijet.

Removing the cam shaft sensor and looking through hole probably will allow view of camshaft . Cam sensor only retained by one bolt and is on top of engine under sound insulation.

Last edited:
Hello,

I've a 2015 Fiat Doblo maxi cargo with a 1.3td engine. It stopped turning over whilst in Spain and I have taken it to a garage and have been told that the drive chain has probably snapped and I need a new engine. The van has only done 89500miles.

I've spoken to my mechanic back in the UK and they dont seem to believe this could have happened. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Or been told anything similar, and what was the problem...I'm really worried as at this rate I'm going to have to scrap the van in Spain and then pay to fly home and leave alot of my stuff here.

Any help woul be massively appreciated!

Hi.
Did you get to the bottom of this?

Back