Technical Help need please

Currently reading:
Technical Help need please

Ive got underneath the loose connector looks like it was connected to oil filter housing I have clicked it back in. Everything else looks fine , cleaned Crank connections with WD40, error code back no RPM. So will wait for new sensor and go from there at least I know where it is to remove. If this doesnt work God knows. Timing belt looks OK
That’s the oil pressure switch ?

Thanks again all; anyway ordered new sensor . I will check the connector for any damage etc. Presumably the fault could lie in the wiring from sensor to ECU , time will tell. One thing I didnt mention is when the car first started missing the temp gauage swung to max then a second or so later back to normal. No evidence of overheating . Did it a couple of times followed by yellow light which was identified P0335. The breakdown guy said it could be the ECU being confused with signals etc. Who knows?? The light is now out and I will see how long it lasts before I do anything as I will only be driving local.
Update: Just started car yellow warning light on , no rev counter. At least I will know if its the sensor when I replace it.
Interesting

Should have mentioned this earlier

Might have gone down a different route

The CAM sensor and temperature sensor share some wiring

Seeing as the parts on order might as well fit the CRANK and see if it fixes it first

Interesting

Should have mentioned this earlier

Might have gone down a different route

The CAM sensor and temperature sensor share some wiring

Seeing as the parts on order might as well fit the CRANK and see if it fixes it first
Will do; read another post on the forum with same car and it transpired after having same fault code diagnosed and changing all the sensors it was the ECU. Anyway fingers crossed

Crank sensor fitted but not tested yet after battery flat. If this dosent work I am tempted to get a ECU cloned. You can get a ECU off Ebay for little money and they are returnable so the only outlay is the cloning service if it doesnt fix the issue. Seems to me that this is chaeper than getting an auto electrician to check wiring and I did read somewhere that the erratic temp gauage points towards the ECU. Having said all this I will test tommorrow and report back to you guys for your expertise

Test
Measure
Check
And diagnose the problem as much as possible

Or

Change things until you find the fault, you can get lucky but it can get expensive really quickly

An intermittent ECU fault would be really rare.

battery shouldn’t be flat after two weeks ?

Test
Measure
Check
And diagnose the problem as much as possible

Or

Change things until you find the fault, you can get lucky but it can get expensive really quickly

An intermittent ECU fault would be really rare.

battery shouldn’t be flat after two weeks ?
Its on charge but like you I thought it shouldnt be flat. I will invest in a new one in due course. Problem is if that you dont know what/how to test or have the equipment its off to the garage (ie I dont really know what I am doing!!).

Its on charge but like you I thought it shouldnt be flat. I will invest in a new one in due course. Problem is if that you dont know what/how to test or have the equipment its off to the garage (ie I dont really know what I am doing!!).
That’s where the help of the forum comes into play

I have expensive tools they rarely get used

As the vast majority of electrical testing can be done easier with a multimeter and/or a cheap scantool

Once purchased they can then be used on future cars and in the case of a multimeter around the home.

Back