General Help, Im a key-less wife!

Currently reading:
General Help, Im a key-less wife!

hoonerbabe

Thats absoloutely the last time my hubby goes away working out of the country for a week or more and accidentlaly takes our only bl**dy key with him leaving me and toddler daughter stranded without transport :mad: (only vehicle we have we went 50 -50 on it, 2nd hand)....so,
Exactly HOW do you get a new key? Do you HAVE to go to a dealer? We live near Plymouth, I dont think the nearest one is closer than Exeter, though not sure. Can you really not just get one cut at Timpsons that would work? We've had our key tucked inside our wetsuits and getting a soaking when surfing loads and loads of times and key still opens doors and starts engine.
The locks on some of the doors dont work properly anymore, just spin around....
Ive looked at the "key" threads I could find on here, but nothing on my question (unless I've missed one).:cry:

Thanks anyone...

Last edited:
WITHOUT HAVEING THE ORIGINAL ITS UNLIKELY YOU WILL GET A KEY FROM THE DEALER, IF YOU DID YOU WOULD DEFINITLY NEED THE V5 DOCUMENT IN YOUR NAME AND PROBABLY THE KEY NUMBER, THEN THEY WOULD HAVE TO ORDER IT AND BY THE TIME IT ARRIVES HUBBY WILL BE HOME. BUT I MUST ADMIT, READING THIS POST MAKES THE LIFE OF A VAN KEY SOUND QUITE INTERESTING :yum: :D. MAYBE EASIER GETTING HUBBY TO POST THE KEY HOME?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you have to take the vehicle to the dealership along with proof of ownership (V5 etc) and hand over the best part of £120 for the delight of getting a new key.

Now, since you haven't got the key, you can't take the vehicle - catch 22.

The rotating locks issue may be cured with WD40 else it's a new lock set required.

Back