Technical Help Head gasket gone?? 2nd opinions wanted.

Currently reading:
Technical Help Head gasket gone?? 2nd opinions wanted.

Your worse is 8.4 bar is 120 psi
And my best cylinder is 220 psi

around 60% down

I suspect you haven't got a good seal in the spark plug hole as all very low

It's hit and miss using the adapter tubes with the o rings

They do run fine ish at 145 psi and it's not real notable

They don't start at 75 psi

The car is back running OK. It still goes well but the uneven is compression a worry as it may be either worn out from some previous owner abuse or bad rings. It just runs so sweetly though Im wondering. I think I have twopossiblr replacements in mind. I tried a 17K loung today 2013 but they want 6 grand and I think even though the car feels like its not run in yet and drives well its to much. There is another 17k one I shall see tomorrow its an easy and also looks good at £5500 its a 2016 and there is a 2014 easy at £4500 with 27K. I went over to see it two days ago but they had disappeared no explanation or apology so not sure if I could be bothered with them. I shall probably have to sort Daffo and then sell it though as px value is so little it would fetch more as spares. Watch this space.

Well Daffo has left the building and I think its probably best. My illness meant no fettling done for three years. Someone who does the front end and fixes the brake sensor and gives it some TLC will get a nice car. Peanut is a white easy 17K with phone and steering wheel controls. Its pretty much as new, tyres only a fraction worn and it has the map lights interior light. Much newer and we would be in the £190 tax band. So far I am pleased. It had a 2 year warranty If I paid for the third year and upped cover to the top grade he upped the cover on year 1 and 2 to the top level, so I did it. Probably a waste but peace of mind on anything big. Peanut also has the centre silencer rather than a back box so it notably quieter than Ruby.. Pics to follow.

Last edited:
Undo the bleed screw, and top the coolant up, keep going until the coolant coming out of the bleed screw is bubble free

Start the engine still with the cap and bleed screw still off, add some more coolant until it's level with the top of the bleed screw

An occasional bubble is fine
A constant stream of bubbles isn't

Do not rev the engine with the bleed screw off, it will shoot a fountain of hot coolant up in the air,
Thanks Koala. I decided as compressions were down and uneven, and as the overheating cause was unknown it may prove to need an overhaul in the not too distant future. Sold now we got something for it if it didnt go we would have got nothing. I am sure you would have said it was good for a while. It needed the air con condebser refitting. may be brackets mising or broken then some suspension work ... Anyway daffoi s deceased. Your comments and facts were useful in deciding.

Last edited:
Back