Technical HELP! Blower motor resistor

Currently reading:
Technical HELP! Blower motor resistor

09andy500

Hi all, I'm new here and trying to fix my daughter's first car. '09 500 with a blower motor not blowing, so have changed fuse and motor with not luck, so now I need to replace the resistor as my next option. I've searched everywhere on the internet, but only managed to find that you can get access to it (up behind pedals) with a piece of string and and a long socket. Does anyone have any advice or have successfully replaced it? Thank you for any help

Hi all, I'm new here and trying to fix my daughter's first car. '09 500 with a blower motor not blowing, so have changed fuse and motor with not luck, so now I need to replace the resistor as my next option. I've searched everywhere on the internet, but only managed to find that you can get access to it (up behind pedals) with a piece of string and and a long socket. Does anyone have any advice or have successfully replaced it? Thank you for any help
Hi 🙂

Is the. Heater push button.. Or twisty knobs? 🤔

Worth checking the fan actually runs at this point 😉

Hi 🙂

Is the. Heater push button.. Or twisty knobs? 🤔

Worth checking the fan actually runs at this point 😉
Just took out the blower motor and connect both terminals directly to the battery and it worked... so I know that's ok. Changed the fuse in engine bay marked 28 with a new 30amp fuse. On the 'twisty nobs' light works for air con so would like to think the unit works.... but no idea how to check that

Grovelling under the dash drivers side it is then, whilst you're thre replace the cabin filter as it too is a PITA to replace and often just left, look for about 4 wires going into the ducting higher up that's the resistor bank

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Grovelling under the dash drivers side it is then, whilst you're thre replace the cabin filter as it too is a PITA to replace and often just left, look for about 4 wires going into the ducting higher up that's the resistor bank
Thanks John, anything I can move to get to it

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
That was a horrible job, seat out and about two hours fiddling behind pedals... resistor changed and still not working. I'm no electritian, so I guess I need to take it to someone else... unless there's something else I should try now. So fan and resistor are good/new.

Yep, control knob feels fine, turns freely. Pulled the relay and the pins looked a bit dirty so cleaned them up, but no luck there. Have borrowed a circuit tester and am going to run 12V through the relay and check that works. Otherwise yes, I think I'll have to admit defeat and take it to a real man.

Back