help! av lost compression!!

Currently reading:
help! av lost compression!!

wee maggi

am needin some help, see if anyone knows whats wrong wit ma car
:( av hot a 2000punto hgt, drivin along last night the temp started goin up, so we stopped an checked the water an found out the radiator was air locked, so it got bleed (in the cold!) an then it seemed to be ok, then it started doin it again, so we stopped again, done the same hing an so on. All seemed sorted them i started losin power :confused: we slowed down to turn a corner an it nearly cut out :eek: managed to get it home an when i was parkin it cut out an seemed like it didny want to start, av lost compression so i am now car-less :( (n) any ideas or help u might have would be great :eek:

What were the compression test results?

your head gasket has gone, piston is pushing air through the broken gasket into cooling system

i was afraid the head had went :cry: any ideas how much it costs to replace or am i just aswell cuttin ma losses an gettin rid the way it sits? av only had it 3weeks!! this is ma 2nd one an a dont hink al get another one now, a luv the cars but mine havent been very reliable :(

hhmmm, not so good when av a wain on the way an a new house to fork out for 1st lol! any ideas what a shud do to find out exactly whats wrong? take the head off? am a bit clue-less wit engine stuff lol the man usually does it all!

Back