Technical HELP 1999 seicento failed MOT on near and offside brakes

Currently reading:
Technical HELP 1999 seicento failed MOT on near and offside brakes

babyseicento

Can anyone help me with my brakes on my 1999 seicento which has only 35000 miles on the clock which has failed the mot on the near and offside front they say they do not register and the mechanic says he thinks it may need a rear master cylinder but he has phoned around his suppliers and they say he has no chance finding any as the car is so old does anyone have any ideas that can help please as I don't think I am likely to find a scrap 1999 seicento with less mileage therefore less wear on the master cylinder than mine any help and ideas thanks

Last edited:
It sounds a bit confused.. If it's the rear brakes, then the rear drum brake cylinders could need replacing. You should be able to find those nearly everwhere, since the same items fit a lot of models.. maybe even the latest Panda and 500 (but don't quote me).

If it's *all* the brakes, then it could be the master cylinder... but a m/cylinder seal failure makes the brakes spongey and the pedal eventually travel to the floor if you keep it applied. They do fail.. but your mileage is very low for it, so I'd be surprised.

Ralf S.

Back