Technical Hello everyone :) my doblo 2006 is experiencing random lost of speed, comes and goes

Currently reading:
Technical Hello everyone :) my doblo 2006 is experiencing random lost of speed, comes and goes

coconut girl

my doblo 2006 is experiencing random lost of speed, comes and goes, it can be fine and run great for two three weeks and then suddenly when i press on the gas, and i need to go faster it just feels constipated, i can press down the gas to the bottom and it just stays in the same velocity, and can't go uphill, it does very slow and when i get back on level or do down hill it will get a lil push. the temp gauge does not ever go to the middle it's always a bit under and sometimes will drop all the way cold. any ideas are welcomed. I just don't want the mechanic here to try to make some story up and try to overcharge me for something, he did some work on it twice, the first time was change of gear box, and this kinda started a lil bit after that. then recently some fan work and temp sensor i think.

Hi,
as varesecrazy recently wrote would it be nice to know which engine is built in. The symptoms you're talking about are pointing to the enging entering emergency mode but this won't happen without the ECU warning light (the one that looks like a small engine, mostly yellow) shining or flashing.
Even if this is not the case reading out the fault code memory would not be the worst idea. Many users are able to. You should just search or bluntly ask in the forum.
Oh, i just read that you're from Panama. So, reading out will presumably not really easy. But there are still ways to approach your problem.
The temperature suddenly falling points generally to bad wire connections which also can be responsible for the general working problem.
Good luck

Last edited:
Hi,
as varesecrazy recently wrote would it be nice to know which engine is built in. The symptoms you're talking about are pointing to the enging entering emergency mode but this won't happen without the ECU warning light (the one that looks like a small engine, mostly yellow) shining or flashing.
Even if this is not the case reading out the fault code memory would not be the worst idea. Many users are able to. You should just search or bluntly ask in the forum.
Oh, i just read that you're from Panama. So, reading out will presumably not really easy. But there are still ways to approach your problem.
The temperature suddenly falling points generally to bad wire connections which also can be responsible for the general working problem.
Good luck
engine light has been on for a long time, prob over a year, but since i never noticed anything wrong the car worked perfect, i thought maybe it was a faulty error in the computer.

gas 4 cylinder 350A1000

thanks everyone for your replies, E42B you seem to be on spot. gonna look into that ASAP!

so faulty error codes that effect the car i assume can be refreshed resetted, during a reading. right?

Yes, error codes may lead to to the origin(s) of the malfunctions but need not necessarily. I'd read the the current errors, note them, and delete them.
After that i'd drive the van for a while, and not later than the engine error sign coming up again read the error codes again.

It is known not to be quite rare that engine errors result from faulty wiring and/or bad electrical connections as well as a bad battery. Following that i recommend checking and cleaning all wiring around the engine especially the big + and - cables that are connected to the ECU before reading out and deleting the error codes.
Good luck

Last edited:
Back