Technical Fuel filter Fiat Doblo 1.4 petrol, 2006

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel filter Fiat Doblo 1.4 petrol, 2006

DobloDriver1400

Interesting situation today. My Doblo at the garage (non-Fiat - a general maintenance garage) and I asked to replace the fuel filter (as I do not like to open the Fuel tank. After some conslutation, the reply: apparently, no fuel filter can be ordered seperately; only as an assembly together with the fuel pump. Costs: Euro 650.

Is there an alternative available? Replace the fuel filter by a pipe and install a separate fuel filter somewhere in the fuel line?

Generally with good quality modern fuels the large gauze filter around the fuel pump on a petrol engine car gives trouble free use for the life of the car, so need to touch it.
If you were really concerned you could ask your garage to remove and clean the gauze part of the fuel pump assembly, however unless you have a problem related to it I suspect you would be wasting your money.
Your alternative suggestion and the reason for the cost is that in the modern plastic fuel tank the filter pick up is part of the fuel pump and fuel gauge sender unit also , so not simply a pipe with a filter.
My advice leave it alone unless good reason not to.:)

Back