General Heater control backlight not working

Currently reading:
General Heater control backlight not working

Simmy101

Hi got a 2010 punto evo and the backlight for the heater controls has gone out. Have checked all the fuses in the dashboard fuse box all OK. How can I fix this not very accessable

Hi,

This module should be LED backlighted, so it should last longer than the car...

If all fuses are ok, all other things okay, you have to access this module and disassemble it to fix it.

Controls from the module are ok ?

Hi-When you say module do you mean the unit that the control knobs are attached to which is behind the dash? Can I check that out without removing it? If I have to remove it how to I go about that? I,ve only checked the dashboard fuses could it be one of the others the handbook doesn,t actually mention this backlight specifically. Thanks in advance

Hi-When you say module do you mean the unit that the control knobs are attached to which is behind the dash? Can I check that out without removing it? If I have to remove it how to I go about that? I,ve only checked the dashboard fuses could it be one of the others the handbook doesn,t actually mention this backlight specifically. Thanks in advance

Just a question to precise, you have manual or automated heater unit ?

If manual, Ti14086 has the solution : you have to replace the bulbs.
If automated, my post above.

I'm not sure, but I already seen a post to do this on this forum (do a search).

I've had to change one of the bulbs behind the heater panel. Mine was on the passenger side, so I just got some long nosed pliers and wiggled the bulb out, by lying down on the floor. Was a bit of a faff though.

The drivers side one may be a little harder. You can purchase the bulbs from halfords, with the option for their fitting service.

Back