General Drivers window not working

Currently reading:
General Drivers window not working

CDig

Hi I wondered if someone can help me.

I bought a fiat punto eve 2010 last month it was from a garage but they don’t want to know about the problem.

The drivers window worked fine for a few days then all of a sudden it stopped opening and closing. My brother in law has looked at connections like the wires in door, the switch it’s self and checked the fuses are plugged in and we can’t see any reason why it won’t work.

When I press for the window to go down it doesn’t move but there’s like a little ticking noise coming from the connection/ fuse box when I press it.

Then all of a sudden after 3 weeks it went down last night when I pressed it and it went up with me moving the buttons but when I just pressed it once for the window to do up on its own it then stopped working.

I don’t have a clue what it could be.

Would appreciate it if someone could help me.

Most modern cars use the low voltage signal from the switch to tell the ECU what to do, so it doesn't take much to stop it.
Common issue can be a break in the wiring at the door hinge, sometimes showing by working when door is in only one position until wire breaks all together.
I had a passenger window fail on a Citroen recently, no action from either door switch. I checked for power at the motor, these motors only have two wires and use the ECU to change positive to negative for up and down, I wound the window down by turning the armature inside the motor and it would then go up again with the switch, but nothing else. The fault was fixed by me fitting a new drivers door switch even though it was transmitting power to the passenger side.
Also on these when fitted the ECU needs to know where top and bottom is, so it was necessary to operate all the way in one direction and keep your finger on the button for a few seconds longer and then do the same in the other direction.
May be worth checking if a relay is making the noise you can hear and checking that is good also. :)

Back