Happy 20th Birthday to Us!

Currently reading:
Happy 20th Birthday to Us!

20th-birthday-memes-1.jpeg

Yes it's true - The FIAT Forum is 20 years old today!

Sorry about the lateness in posting this, I'm sitting on a long distance bus looking at my calendar when suddenly I realised today is our big day!

Wow - 20 years, what an achievement, I'm not sure anyone could ever have envisioned we would get this far, but, here we are :)

Perhaps I should have held off the redesign until today, that would have been a nice gift to us all, but instead we'll just all have to make do with this photo of a shiny golden balloon :D

So thank you to all our members here, both past and present - you are the guys 'n gals that have made the forum what it is - and hopefully you'll stick around for many more years to come. I'm not sure we'll get to 40 (although that would be amazing), but we'll certainly be here for as long as you need us (y)

As per usual, if anyone is interested, here is thread number one.

And if you want to know more about the history of the forum, check out this thread that I wrote 10 years ago... wow!

Thank you again and keep on posting!

Ben + all the forum @Moderating team 🥳

Last edited:
Happy birthday 🥳 Fiat forum!! (Belated) I have to say I doubt I’d still have my pride & joy if the forum hadn’t been here! There’s no way I’d have had the money for all the repairs.. but I got stuck in and thanks to the members of the forum I’ve learned to repair & replace my parts ✌️👍 and possibly help others the way I have … here’s to all the members that make the forum what is is today 🥂

Happy Birthday Fiat Forum 🥳

Edit: and looking back through the old threads, full kudos to @ben for keeping the forum alive, not to mention lively, for all these years 💪

20 years ago I was doing alternative fuel experiments on an old diesel Land Rover and would have never thought I would be driving a petrol Fiat 500 (albeit an Abarth) in 2022. At the time 500s were cute, tiny little classic cars, used in party political broadcasts and Britpop songs (see below). Wonder what the most popular car was on here back in 2002? Was it the classic 500, Fiat Coupe, Uno, or something else?

ab67616d0000b27316485a8ead035f8b18c1f48e

Last edited:
I'm gonna go with the cinquecento or seicento, that group was huge back then!

Ah, interesting! I thought they were fun little cars, but the section's pretty quiet now so never would have guessed that.

In 20 years time I wonder if the Cinqcent (or maybe Pięćset) solar-electric hover car will be all the rage?

Ah, interesting! I thought they were fun little cars, but the section's pretty quiet now so never would have guessed that.

In 20 years time I wonder if the Cinqcent (or maybe Pięćset) solar-electric hover car will be all the rage?
Thinking about it, the classic panda section was also very busy and had quite a few characters in it 🤔😁

But yes, I don't think you'll see many cinqs or seis nowadays. They were good then for the young'uns who had just passed their test coz they were cheap to buy and also insure.

Thank you to all the mods who keep this forum rocking! I've owned a few classics and, er, potential(?) future classics (ahem), but this is the only car forum I've ever used regularly after getting my first FIAT. Friendly regulars helping to keep This Charming Panda in fine fettle(y)
At the time 500s were cute, tiny little classic cars, used in party political broadcasts and Britpop songs.

ab67616d0000b27316485a8ead035f8b18c1f48e
Cripes! How many relatives of Miki Berenyi can you get in a 500? Quite a few it seems:)

View attachment 403824

Yes it's true - The FIAT Forum is 20 years old today!

Sorry about the lateness in posting this, I'm sitting on a long distance bus looking at my calendar when suddenly I realised today is our big day!

Wow - 20 years, what an achievement, I'm not sure anyone could ever have envisioned we would get this far, but, here we are :)

Perhaps I should have held off the redesign until today, that would have been a nice gift to us all, but instead we'll just all have to make do with this photo of a shiny golden balloon :D

So thank you to all our members here, both past and present - you are the guys 'n gals that have made the forum what it is - and hopefully you'll stick around for many more years to come. I'm not sure we'll get to 40 (although that would be amazing), but we'll certainly be here for as long as you need us (y)

As per usual, if anyone is interested, here is thread number one.

And if you want to know more about the history of the forum, check out this thread that I wrote 10 years ago... wow!

Thank you again and keep on posting!

Ben + all the forum @Moderating team 🥳
A very belated happy birthday to this forum - I wish I had been on it since the start, only I wasn’t alive back then XD

Back