Tuning Handbrake

Currently reading:
Tuning Handbrake

dav3y

I want it to lock the back wheels when i pull it, not just when im stopped. I have my personal reasons why, im not a reckless chav who handbrakes everywhere it's because i attend alot of meet's and when we all have our legal fun, my handbrake does squatt!

I had the drums off and roughed up the inside with some emery, as so the pads so there nice and 'fresh' as it were.

I adjusted the handbrake (from inside) as far as possible to such a point the first click holds the car on a steap hill! But still no handbrake fun. When my car is moving (even at low speed) the rear wheels will not lock!!! All the car does is pull down at the back and slow down..

Whats my next option?

unless you are taking part in Autotest or Autosolo then you are arsing about dangerously at unorganised cruises (meets) and potentially endangering people lives.

this is a prime example of what happens at such events http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/7516691.stm

just because its not on public roads it doesn't mean it isn't dangerous, and isn't illegal.

Your hand brake works as it should, it stops the car rolling away when you park it, if it can do this then it should lock the back wheels if required, you just need to get down the gym and do weights with that left arm.

Back