Punto (Mk2/2b) Handbrake light remains on

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Handbrake light remains on

bicks

Does the handbrake light appear because the brakes need looking at/replacing?

As the brakes feel fine, so was wondering if it is related to the handbrake itself.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

had this the other week had one, baffled as had forgotten how i sorted the last one
it was indeed low fluid in the outer chamber and could only be put right by as atom says removing the filter in the master cylinder cap
be aware if car has abs then dot yes needs to be used:D

A sign of the fluid been low tho is when under heavy braking or ""firm"" cornering the light comes on and stays on for 10seconds after

But on saying that - i am fully aware my front disc's / pads are on there way

Ziggy

first sentance is true and sensible

red one makes no sense as pistons compensate for pad and disc wear until pad gets too this slips through the calipot piston goes walkies and you do an upsie in your panties:D

thanks for your responses! :)

How would one remove the master cylinder cap ? I don't have a user's or Haynes manual...

just enroute home, hearing a funny noise from the driver's side wheel, after closer inspection thinking initially it was a stone stuck in the tred, actually it's a nail placed itself sweetly right into the rubber!
That's the noise to remember in future if that happens again! heheh new tyre it is, do you know how much one would cost?

My Punto does the same occasionally, the light appears when cornering, braking and accelerating. My fluids all check out and handbrake is not on. So i was told it was my brake fluid sensor, not expensive to fix if this is your problem and it is fine to leave it as long as you regularly check your fluid, pads, disc, handbrake etc

My Punto does the same occasionally, the light appears when cornering, braking and accelerating. My fluids all check out and handbrake is not on. So i was told it was my brake fluid sensor, not expensive to fix if this is your problem and it is fine to leave it as long as you regularly check your fluid, pads, disc, handbrake etc

usually tho its the brake fluid not fully soaking the sensor due to the filter

pull the filter out - check the brake fluid level + adjust if needed - reinsert filter

Ziggy

Back