Technical gutted!!

Currently reading:
Technical gutted!!

my engine mount has just gone in my cinq dnno which one, i heard a banging noise when i took my foot off the accelerator to let the zorst roar but instead it made a big BANG, so i asked my dad whats wrong n he to me the bad news :bang: , my dad cnt be arsed lookin at it as its too cold outside. so im abit pi**ed off really :mad:

I did mine the other week

£10-15 for the mount. Get the front on some ramps, unbolt the rear mount, unbolt the mount from the body, put the new one on the mount. Jack the engine up and put it all together. Tighten it up and it's finished.

1/2hr max and all you need is:

Ramps, or something to allow you to get right under the engine.
Set of spanners, 15-22mm at a guess
Socket set, again, around 15-22mm
Socekt extension bar.
Jack.

Easy job, just confirm which one it is by looking at the photo in the above link.

will it definatly be the engine mount?? is if i let the throttle off quickly whilst moving in 1st and 2nd gears it makes the loud bang??

also where did you get your mounts from and how many are there cause my dad may awell do them all whilst hes at it!!

thanks kris

easy 5x13mm and 1x 19mm bolts got mine for £11.42 form ANDREW PAGE motor factors took about 30 minutes in the freezing cold, then took about 4 hours to feel me fingers again.

the beasto said:
will it definatly be the engine mount?? is if i let the throttle off quickly whilst moving in 1st and 2nd gears it makes the loud bang??

also where did you get your mounts from and how many are there cause my dad may awell do them all whilst hes at it!!

thanks kris

Three mounts, One under the passenger footwell is the usual culprit, although the one on the top of the gearbox can loose a bolt. T'other is at the drivers side and, 'rarely' gives trouble.

Cheers

D

Back