General Guess what i've gone and done now?! :D - stage 2 begins

Currently reading:
General Guess what i've gone and done now?! :D - stage 2 begins

Having a right bitch of a time getting this one running. And to top it off, my starter scheared a tooth and the surround then smashed inside the bell housing, so thats a new starter and box off to remove all the broken bits. For a minute I thought the belt had slipped though as it made an awful noise. Lesser of two evils I guess.....just hope the flywheel is ok :(

The flywheel should be fine. The ring gear may be damaged tho, they tap off easily with a punch and hammer working round the ring. To fit I stuck the new ring gear on the hob of my aga (stick it in the oven if your house isn't really old) and it flys on, let it cool down and shrink fit to the wheel.

Well, new starter on order from ebay, should be hear tomorrow, so in anticipation, i pulled off the box.

Removed this from the bell housing:
IMAG0209.jpg

Not the best thing to be floating about in there....however, I noticed there were two teeth, and only one snapped off the starter...Checked the flywheel:
IMAG0208.jpg

Doh! :bang: :mad:

Fitted the new mounts anyway, just to be slightly productive:
IMAG0207.jpg

Now I have to source a new flywheel from somewhere.

The ring gear option sounds the better depending on how much i can get a cheap cento flywheel for.....if it's not much cheaper to get a 200mm then i'll just get another. This one has a little bit of weight off the outer edge, but not too fused about an unlighted one.

Was driving the coil pack wrongly after a bit of diagnosis, and so timing was way out and kicking back the engine casing the death. Hopefuly, once back together I can sort that out.

Not a happy bunny though, this thing is really testing me.

New coils are being delivered tomorrow though, got them done under warranty. @fingers they are aem CDI coils, not normal DIS coils.

Cheers,

Kristian

New flywheel fitted, new starter fitted.

Stripped the captive nut for the lower wishbone, so had to cut a hole in the floor pan, drive the bolt through the other way, and stick a nut on the end on the outside. Bodgetastic :D

Had a right pig getting the box on and had enough now...a few days break and I'll be back where i was a week or two ago lol :D Still pressing forward though :)

Kristian

Last edited:
Reactions: arc
I'd like to have sold it as a whole, but wouldn't have got as much money.

:cry: :(

Same issue I have... my car is easily worth what i want to someone.... but I can get more by breaking it but its time and effort... and heart breaking (n)

guess unlike your car tho mine is more sellable as a whole (interior intact and running :p )

Good luck with the sale tho... some nice stuff up for grabs!

:(

I saw this thread had new posts and thought "Is Kristian the only one left now?", and then I see breaking :(

I know I would've got more for my car in bits too, but just didn't have the time / heart to sell it that way. Guess I was lucky that someone was willing to trailer it away at a price I was happy to let the whole thing go at.

To be honest, I don't feel bad about breaking it. I would feel bad selling it as a whole and it getting used, abused or crashed. It was mine from new, so it was born with me, grew old with me, and it'll die with me. :eek:

At least I'll get money for the parts. Not sure what the parents will say when they find a garage of bits. They may be happier that it's not ont he drive though :D

Back