grrr...bad day :(

Currently reading:
grrr...bad day :(

its 10:40 and already my days gone way off plan.

my tools were ment to arrive this morning, and they did but i just got carded :mad: i got up early so this wouldnt happen, the postman couldnt of rang the bell :(

phoned up the scrap yard as i was ment to go pickup my head today, got told to phone back to see if it was ready, rang back and they havent removed it :mad: now they've told me it will be ready tomorrow :mad:

thats pretty mcuh today wasted as i cant take the old head off without my new tools and i cant prep the new head without having it :mad:

about the only thing i can do today is remove the radiator and exhaust manifold :(

(n)

I'm wondering if all your bad days lately are something to do with your new found physical appearance :p and you may be suffering from that time of the month ;) :p :D

bulldog5046 said:
about the only thing i can do today is remove the radiator and exhaust manifold :(
Don't worry, they may well end up taking you all day, so it might not be time wasted. :)
H

Based on my experiences with the Coupe, have a look underneath. It may be sitting on a strut which can be unbolted, then lowered out the bottom.
Aslo make sure the aircon condenser radiator isn't bolted to it!. It might need unbolting and supporting seperately.
H

hmallett said:
Based on my experiences with the Coupe, have a look underneath. It may be sitting on a strut which can be unbolted, then lowered out the bottom.
Aslo make sure the aircon condenser radiator isn't bolted to it!. It might need unbolting and supporting seperately.
H

i've unbolted the aircon condensor, yes it is on a support bar but i cant see anyway to detatch it.

i cant drop it out the bottom because i cant get the bumper or engine under try off lol, stupid rusty fiat :bang:

If you can't get the undertray off, how do you propose to get the manifold off? :confused:
Here's an option for getting the undertray off (assuming it's the same as the Coupe). You have some bolts (6 on the Coupe) bolting the undertray to the chassis. If these are just turning in their holes, then the captive nut as the back has broken off. Get a Dremel or similar, and cut the undertray round the bolt. It's plastic, so it cuts quite easily. For the screws holding the undertray to the front bumper, use a really hefty screwdriver, or if that's not enough (as the screws burr easily) a pair of hefty mole grips. These screws only need to be unscrewed a little. If you end up shearing them off, no big problem. They can be replaced with Dzus fasteners (available from Demon Tweeks).
Is the aircon radiator attached to the coolant radiator? On the Coupe it's 2 screws at the top, and 2 on the bottom. Of course you need the undertray off to get to the bottom two.
H

hmallett said:
Is the aircon radiator attached to the coolant radiator? On the Coupe it's 2 screws at the top, and 2 on the bottom. Of course you need the undertray off to get to the bottom two.
H

to be fair my undertray is shagged anyway, need a new one so wil give it a pull off, only 1 bolt and some cable ties holding it on.

yeah its attached, i got the top two out and one of the bottom ones but the other one it totally inacessable i cant even get a socket on it, never mine the wrench.

looks like if i took the bumper off i could get the spanner just about on it but removing the bottom beam looks like the better idea but its too wet to be outside crawling under the car today :(

Back