Technical Grinding/grateing Noise !!!

Currently reading:
Technical Grinding/grateing Noise !!!

410C

went out to the tipo today and their is a loud grating /grinding noise when turning left. have checked the fluid and looked for any obvius signs of anything rubbing but cant see anything. anyone got any ideas ???:bang: :bang:

tipomike

if it only occures when turning it may be a ball joint running dry - they are lubricated for life so will need changing. Had this problem on my 16v - new balljoint =problem solved

sumplug

410C said:
went out to the tipo today and their is a loud grating /grinding noise when turning left. have checked the fluid and looked for any obvius signs of anything rubbing but cant see anything. anyone got any ideas ???:bang: :bang:
get some gloss finished mags like sunday suppliments and place under front tyres. use them as a turn table whilst stationary. now get someone to turn steering whilst you peer under car. this should pinpoint noise.(y)

OP
OP
410C

410C

thanks for the info chaps. i will look at both of these in the morning.
i used the car to go out tonight and noticed that the speedo has jammed at 10 mph i am not sure wheather this has anything to do with the noises but it is now getting personal . it should work and it will work. any additional ideas would be appreciated

runninggoose

410C said:
thanks for the info chaps. i will look at both of these in the morning.
i used the car to go out tonight and noticed that the speedo has jammed at 10 mph i am not sure wheather this has anything to do with the noises but it is now getting personal . it should work and it will work. any additional ideas would be appreciated
Could be the drive shaft cv joint is it worse on full lock.