Technical Cabin Noise at High Speeds

Currently reading:
Technical Cabin Noise at High Speeds

Hello all :)

I have one none sexy part to my car and that is internal cabin noise.

When I'm on the motorway making progress at exceptional velocities the cabin becomes very noisey.

Its almost like I'm driving with the windows and doors open and its worse on windy days.

If I physically hold the driver side door shut and have a passenger to do the same on the passenger side then the noise can be stopped.

How can I achieve this without having to "flintstones" like treat my car? Any Seals or screws that can be replaced?

Thanks all.

I'm guessing the place where you pull in to stop the noise is at the 'bend' in the door frame where the pillar meets the roof?

My Sedici has that, got a pair of door seals to install plus will inspect the hinges and perhaps give the door a light bending.

Is it not possible to adjust the striker plates to make the doors fit a little tighter? It is very difficult to get trim for these cars now. The sunroof can also be noisy if it does not sit level when at rest.

Striker Plate??? :confused:

The noise can be silenced by simply pulling the door from the door Handle. I've bent my doors a few times which does help reduce noise but it comes back after a while.

I'm sure I could order the rubbers from Italy but I don't think thats my whole problem somehow. My friend told me that the hinges at the front need a minor adjustment and it will terminate the noise however you need a very special tool to do so which I have never seen and do not have.

TS_Image_02.jpg

between inside door handles to pull the doors tight :)

or drive slower

Back