General Rear suspension noise

Currently reading:
General Rear suspension noise

Halker

Ok, i have a problem with rear suspensions. When i drive over a smallest bump on a road, from suspensions comes a cracking sound (like when pull nails on a glass). Few my friends told me that spring is touching plastic cup on the top of suspension, and that i should put some grease or WD40, and the problem would be solved . What i dont know is how to get there, how to came to the top of the spring, should i remove rear wings, or it can be done from inside of the car. I just need little help from someone who already has experience with rear suspension, because the sound is getting really annoying‚ :cry:

I'm not sure it would be caused by the spring rubbing against the top mount. Perhaps you should check the camber of the wheel to make sure it is standing upright. The trailing arm pivots do wear out and most would probably require replacement by now in their lives.

Thankfully the rear suspension on the Tipo is really simple.

To check the condition of the rear spring top mounts:

Jack the car up on the rear jack points and support with axle stands. Take off the road wheels and you'll be able to see how it all goes together.

The trailing arms pivot around the front bearing (11), with the spring trapped between the subframe and arm by the maximum length of the shock absorber.

naread.exe

Undo bolt 6 to release the bottom of the shock from the arm. Then you should be able to move the arm down enough to release the spring. You'll be working against the rear anti-roll bar so perhaps you should always work on both sides at the same time.

naread.exe

Once its out you'll be able to check the condition of the rubber top mount (4) to make sure it hasn't perished leaving the spring scratching against the subframe.

Thanks for the response, i already spray all critical joint places with wd40, but with no success, i will try with your suggestion, and see if there is any progress

Back