Technical Grande Punto air con parts numbers

Currently reading:
Technical Grande Punto air con parts numbers

PeeGee

Hi folks - can anyone help with what I'm sure is a simple query please...I have had no luck searching the internet for the two sealing washers that go between the air con condenser and the inlet/outlet pipes. What I need are the FIAT part numbers - would anyone have them please?

Thanks

Hi folks - can anyone help with what I'm sure is a simple query please...I have had no luck searching the internet for the two sealing washers that go between the air con condenser and the inlet/outlet pipes. What I need are the FIAT part numbers - would anyone have them please?

Thanks

Hi 🙂
EPER should list them

500 section covered this recently too 😉

Thanks for replying to my query, appreciate it very much. Never knew about the EPER thingy. Have had a look and can't find the info that I'm looking for, unfortunately, would anyone out there with a better grasp of it be able to find the numbers? It's a 2007 Grande Punto Sport Dynamic 1.4 16v with manual AC. The reason I need the numbers is because I have found some seals on ebay that look the same but are listed for a 500, and the seller can't be sure that they are the same, so advises me to get the FIAT numbers so he can check, which is fair enough. If not then no probs., I can call Thames FIAT tomorrow to see if they know. Thanks. In the mean time I'll have a butchers at the 500 forum...

I can't help out with the part numbers, but washers are usually cheap, and if so in this case, you could just buy them and see if they fit.
Hi Anthony - the washers shouldn't be too costly, you're right. The Fiat 500 ones on ebay are £12...the washers are a steel washer with a rubber (or something rubberish) inner ring. The reason I want to be sure to get the correct ones is because if they don't seal correctly then the aircon gas will get out again and that will be another £79 up the swanee getting it re-gassed. Happened last year, you see, the re-gasser didn't check the system for leaks before re-filling and it only lasted a fortnight! Thanks for your input though,it's good to chat with Fiat afficianado's

The reason I want to be sure to get the correct ones is because if they don't seal correctly then the aircon gas will get out again and that will be another £79 up the swanee getting it re-gassed. Happened last year, you see, the re-gasser didn't check the system for leaks before re-filling and it only lasted a fortnight! Thanks for your input though,it's good to chat with Fiat afficianado's
Being a GP I use the vouchers for ATS with mine

Less than £40 for a regas

Hi all - unfortunately the seals aren't the green rubber O ring type, they are a steel outer ring with an inner rubberised ring (see pic if it uploads). As far as I know the Fiat 500 part numbers are 10877887 and 10877980, and they sure do look the same.
Re ATS - our nearest one fouled up the aircon first time around so I was reluctant to re-use.

Attachments

• Air con seals.jpeg
    Air con seals.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 29
Hi all - unfortunately the seals aren't the green rubber O ring type, they are a steel outer ring with an inner rubberised ring (see pic if it uploads). As far as I know the Fiat 500 part numbers are 10877887 and 10877980, and they sure do look the same.
Re ATS - our nearest one fouled up the aircon first time around so I was reluctant to re-use.

Look up
Dowty Seal 😉

That's great info, never knew that that type of washer was called that. Plenty of them on ebay of all different sizes. My washers have an internal diameter of 8mm and 11mm, so will be looking into it later.
Incidentally, Thames Fiat were very helpful - apparently these seals do vary from model to model, and they keep them all in stock (though mine are out of stock at mo) and they're between £5 and £10 depending on size. Understandably wouldn't give parts numbers to me though.
Thanks all - I'll update when resolved or otherwise haha

Well, hopefully this should be the final word on this matter, pending their arrival a successful fitting. Went to Thames Fiat - very knowledgeable and helpful - got told that there are about half a dozen different seals available in different sizes, in both metric and imperial(!). I should say that I had looked on the web beforehand for info on Dowty washers, and you won't be surprised to hear that they come in many different configs of inner dia, outer dia and thickness, plus different 'rubber' compounds. I had actually found a suitable one for the larger pipe but not for the smaller one. So anyhoo, man at Fiat, accidentally or not, let me see their self-made info sheet on these seals, and it clearly showed that the seals for the GP and the 500 are the same, with the same parts numbers - 10877887 and 10877980. They keep them in stock, and shockingly they are a tenner each plus VAT!!! I said that I can get them for less than that on ebay, so I did, and they will hopefully arrive tomorrow.

Back