Technical GP SPORTING 1.9jtd TUNING

Currently reading:
Technical GP SPORTING 1.9jtd TUNING

grandesporting

Where is the best tuning company around... i wanna "tune" my GP 1.9jtd Sporting but want as much power as possible.... for as little as possible

Thanks....
i did hear a bad review about angel only getting an extra 27bhp out of a GP 130 and Celtic claim they can take it to 190bhp which is more like the figure i want... does anyone know how much it Celtic Tuning charge? (i would look but that site keeps crashing my computer.... stupid machine)

see Nigel from angel,if you take it beyond 170,your clutch will wear out quite quickly

this is true... don't be tempted just by figures... my remap didn't give me the power I wanted... but to be honest, I would prefere it to be reliable....

if you can find an uprated clutch and probably a gearbox (or have a garage full of standard ones) then go for the celtic map... torque is the limiting factor not bhp... all bhp is how hard the engine is working to produce the torque.

if you can find an uprated clutch and probably a gearbox (or have a garage full of standard ones) then go for the celtic map... torque is the limiting factor not bhp... all bhp is how hard the engine is working to produce the torque.

"Power is the amount of work done in a period of time, so the more power an engine develops, the more work it can get done in any given time span" Quote from Fast Ford.

"Power is the amount of work done in a period of time, so the more power an engine develops, the more work it can get done in any given time span" Quote from Fast Ford.

Good point...also I thought it was high torque which stresses clutches and gearboxes? If this is the case surely it's best to up the BHP not torque on a GPS, seeing as it's got bags or torque to begin with?

Comments?

Good point...also I thought it was high torque which stresses clutches and gearboxes? If this is the case surely it's best to up the BHP not torque on a GPS, seeing as it's got bags or torque to begin with?

Comments?
I think what Minnnt is saying it may be less stressfull to the Final Drive etc if the Torque came in slower and progresive, so instead of 300lb hitting you at 1800rpm and trying to twist the gearbox/diff/driveshafts to bits 150lb at 1800rpm followed by the other 150lb spread over the next 2000rpm you would still have the HP but would be less of a handfull to handle and not break as often. Is that correct Dave

Last edited:

Agreed, torque is what will ultimately kill your clutch/driveshaft/gearbox.

I used red dot. I've never heard a bad word about them and they were excellent. A RR is also there on site to prove your gains.

I'd prefer to travel for a reliable map.

Did I mention 200 english pounds for two runs and a remap. No brainer.

And if it's good enough for pete (GSR Tuning) it's good enough for me.

The gearbox can take more than the quoted figures and clutches are available. The new 19 unit pushes out 188bhp. Why should 170 be the limit.

To get more out of it the air intake needs looking into, which we are doing right now. Exhaust revisions do help too.

The gearbox can take more than the quoted figures and clutches are available. The new 19 unit pushes out 188bhp. Why should 170 be the limit.

To get more out of it the air intake needs looking into, which we are doing right now. Exhaust revisions do help too.

whats the 19 unit , do you mean 1.9 unit ?

cheers

whats the 19 unit , do you mean 1.9 unit ?

cheers

Sorry! Of course it is 1.9. I was on economy writing mode.

As we are designing some performance packages for the 1.9, we will also be able to get clutch assemblies for it, but need to get certain numbers going. If anyone is interested, feel free to reply.

Sorry! Of course it is 1.9. I was on economy writing mode.

As we are designing some performance packages for the 1.9, we will also be able to get clutch assemblies for it, but need to get certain numbers going. If anyone is interested, feel free to reply.

what prices do you offer for pads/disks for the gps ?

Tim

Long term all tuning will add increased stresses to a clutch. We use torque limiters lower down to ensure we don't jeopardise the longevity of the clutch though so it will be fine. We have tuned a large number of these already with no negative effects to date.

Best Regards

Graham
Celtic Tuning Team

Thanks for that Graham..

Now im really really interested, just need 2 stop drinking every weekend and spend it on the Beast... So 190bhp you guys quote???? Is that usable power or a power spike in the rev range?? also do you have a dyno test sheet to show the power on the rev-range...

Thanks

J.T

Back