Technical GP SPORTING 1.9jtd TUNING

Currently reading:
Technical GP SPORTING 1.9jtd TUNING

Whoa now guys.... C'mon... where is all the vitriol gonna getcha? :confused:

Listen to those that know. Its all relative anyhow, unless you want to go Santa-Podding around the place. :mad:

If you want more get up and go, make your own choice with what you have. Puntkris is happy with his set up, it does what he was told it would. (y)

Oldschool knows what he is on about he makes his living from it. :slayer:

And its up to us older folks on ere to help the young-guns understand that. :D

Last edited:
Erm, u mean muppets that were right and are respected members of the forum, who have shown their nouse many-a-time already.

You've shown a typical childish reaction to being proven wrong.

No offence meant :D

Tom

Thankyou

I admit I'm no expert at all...I'm just suprised that a car like sharkriders would beat your's with 20 less bhp even though it has 20lbs feet more torque.

You have also provided me no worthy evidence, so shut up and leave it to people like oldschool to explain. I like to learn, but only off people that have knowledge, not muppet's like you.

So i'm a muppet, yet I put across the same argument as oldschool. You like to learn yet when you are wrong you lash out and act like a child?

Correct you are no expert, and neither am I, but I know what I know, I don't base my knowledge on 'what doesn't look right' but on actual fact and what I have learned over the years.

By the way if you want evidence, a two second search on google: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question381.htm

Read the first paragraph, it should be simple enough for you to understand, or maybe your 'opinion' surpasses the knowledge of everybody else?

Last edited:
I would be more concerned with torque figures in a common rail diesel than bhp.

I wouldn't trust a quoted figure. Get it RR'd yourself, every engine is different.

Just to "back up" Chris and Oldschool and the numerous others, on a modern diesel, its all about the TORQUE rather than BHP. Dieseld deliver their power in a very different way to a petrol. And i talk from experience of having numerous re-mapped petrol AND deiesel cars.

Cheers,
Alan

Erm, u mean muppets that were right and are respected members of the forum, who have shown their nouse many-a-time already.

You've shown a typical childish reaction to being proven wrong.

No offence meant :D

Tom

Ok..Ok...I'll eat my slice of humble pie! Sorry Kris....Monday morning blues!!!lol ;)

Thanks for the link too, very useful! (y)

How would a V8 3litre 2stroke perform I wonder? :devil:

Last edited:
All Top end Bhp no bottom end torque? Rev like the clappers? Do ultra modern 2strokes smoke that much? I think I recall a 2stroke developement mentioned recently in some Motoring press saying that was the way forward? Or was I hallucinating? lol!

I'm sure someone will say the V8 config isnt worth it and the capacity negates the methodology, as the biggest 2stroke (petroil) I recall is the Suzuki GT750 triple motorbike. What was the Trabby engine capacity total?

Why did I start these daft questions in this thread?... Ah I remember... the Devil made me do it! :devil:

All Top end Bhp no bottom end torque? Rev like the clappers? Do ultra modern 2strokes smoke that much? I think I recall a 2stroke developement mentioned recently in some Motoring press saying that was the way forward? Or was I hallucinating? lol!

Remember a video I saw on you tube of a couple Banshees racing up a massive sand dune.
One a Hayabusa turbo and the other a 2 stroke.
Can you guess which one smokeily smoked the other?
I'll try find the vid when I get home.

Just to "back up" Chris and Oldschool and the numerous others, on a modern diesel, its all about the TORQUE rather than BHP. Dieseld deliver their power in a very different way to a petrol. And i talk from experience of having numerous re-mapped petrol AND deiesel cars.

Cheers,
Alan

You are watching to much LeMans.:D

Audi Diesel first time out in the series - won the race. The next 11 races it won. The race after it retired.

This year the tank capacity was limited and they won agains much more powerful cars and over 200kg more than the competition.

The first Diesel to win in a smaller cpacity class was a 3 series 2 litre turbo Diesel from BMW.

When tuniong Diesels the power goes marginally up in comparison with torque, but acceleration times go down dramatically. This is the facts.

results from rolling road

Anyone got any figures from the rolling road held in Watford on the 22nd..Just interested to see what mapped GPS's got ?

cheers

Re: results from rolling road

Did any GPS owners go the above meet, i would have thought there would have been a few threads on it re the power claims of remapped GPSs

I attended this. I've already had mine on the rollers i'll put it on again when other work is done.

FIAT-faster_than_you_think attended this with his angel tuned GPS, he turned out 166bhp and 235 ft torque (i'm 99% on the torque figure)

bhp not too bad torque is way down though....sharkrider got 158bhp anf 289 torques the other month...i think it really is a lottery with the rolling roads results..!

bhp not too bad torque is way down though....sharkrider got 158bhp anf 289 torques the other month...i think it really is a lottery with the rolling roads results..!

289ft lb torque will make a fast GP.

It's not necessarily the rolling road that is the problem, red dots rolling road is fine. It's different cars react differently to the maps, just because angel use the same map doesn't mean it will give the exact predicted results. There are a few different GPs that have been tuned by red dot and all the results are different, and this will be the case with angel, remember every engine is different.

Back