Styling GP Rally Mudflaps?

Currently reading:
Styling GP Rally Mudflaps?

Has anyone fitted rally style mudflaps to a GP - not the FIAT ones. Had them on my previous car and i like the look of them, not to mention the roads around here are like rally stages for 5 months of the year :bang:
The GP arched look a PITA to fit rally style ones

I reckon it could be done with a lot of hassle, you'd just have to get the mounting right.

I know on our cars you can't fit the original fiat mudflaps anyway because of the sideskirts

Yeah the sideskirts made it difficult at the front but i think i could manage that easily enough. The rears are the worst because the arch has that black lip and no flat surface to mount it

Ive got two big lorry mudflaps for mine, so all i need to do if make a template of what size i want them. Ill have mine sitting out from the arch about a half inch or so

the original fiat flaps are big as they stand

DSCF1560.JPG

DSCF15481.JPG

(blue tape is masking for machine polishing btw)

the fronts can be fitted to cars with skirts however you need to be good with a craft knife and making templates....... IT can be done as this member did

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/184535-mud-flaps-2.html?p=2289483

just ensure you order the correct rear flaps as there are 2 versions one for cars with arch liners and one for without

Last edited:
Yeah i like the ones above, but i prefer the ones that flap about a bit :D
I fitted some to the rear of mine yesterday, hopefully will get the fronts on tonights and take some pics in the daylight

Fitted the ones from my old car, fit isnt 100% but good enough for me. More pics on my members motors thread

Attachments

• 314756_10150306495658105_613733104_8280059_577071472_n.jpg
    314756_10150306495658105_613733104_8280059_577071472_n.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 151
How did you fit your mudflaps? I've got some to fit but when i tried fitting them they wouldn't fit right.

Do you have to buy some of those U clamps being sold on ebay?

When you screw them in place they end up wonky :mad: and i don't want wonky flaps :D

How did you fit your mudflaps? I've got some to fit but when i tried fitting them they wouldn't fit right.

Do you have to buy some of those U clamps being sold on ebay?

When you screw them in place they end up wonky :mad: and i don't want wonky flaps :D

The back ones were easy enough, you just need to get the flexible ones and cut them down to a normal mudflap shape like a 'd' shape, i used small self tapping screws to hold them in place with thin washers. The trick is to get them on well enough that they wont come off but you want them to rip off from the wheelarch if they get caught and not take the arch lining with it.

http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/1b/f9/9230_35.JPG

Back