Technical Will Sabelt seats fit in an ordinary GP ?

Currently reading:
Technical Will Sabelt seats fit in an ordinary GP ?

Tinom5

So currently I’m driving a Passat V6 but it’s not anywhere as fun as my Alfa Romeo’s so I’m planning on selling it and finally getting a Fiat. My goal is a GP be it a 1.9 ( had that amazing engine in one of my 156 ) or a 1.4 T-jet. Anyways I saw a local sell his Sabelt seats from a 500 Abarth and was wondering if they will fit on the GP ? Are there sites that sell the brackets or can brackets can even be made for this ? I’m planning a lot of stuff for the little thing but I have a lot of questions on how some stuff can or cannot happen.

From a 500 abarth. No. If you could find some from a Grande or Evo Punto abarth obviously they would fit, but the floor pan between the Punto and the 500 is completely different. On the Grande the rear center (of the car) mounting point for the front seats is sideways into the transmission tunnel. not down into the floor.

On the plus side The Grande shares a platform with the Corsa VXR which means if you can find the seats from one of those then they will in all likelihood fit straight in. I an not sure that anyone has done this but just looked at a set of VXR seats on eBay and the mountings for the front and back seats all look the same as the Punto.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back