General GP Abarth

Currently reading:
General GP Abarth

Finally you have all come round to my way of thinking!

the 155 is underpowerwed and won't compete. end of

I f they make a 180bhp version it will ne overpriced by the looks of the cost of the 155bhp

fiat are f*cked unless they pull something out of their arse with the abarth

I dont think it really matters if they dont sell the arbarth that well, i mean how many people on hear already have 1.2 etc rather then the current top of the ranges. it is simply a flagship car to boost sales for the rest of the range and with the amount of conversation it has generated in both the press and on forums i think it has done that.

i'd ignore the quoted prices and autoexpress ones, they are estimates, we won't know the price until it is on the forecourt not to mention a generous discount after a few months.

Gents I rally a Punto Grande 1.9 Sport, and I have a set homologation papers for my car & the Punto Sport 1.9 TDI Abarth is listed with all its spec's so I can tell you the car dose exist but sadly only with the 8V cyl head.

You can view in car footage of my car taking part in Targa Tas this year if you’re interested. Just go to Utube type in Fiat Punto Targa 2007 and you will get a fun bit of in car & some still shots.

Best regards Phil
www.Bitsofitaly.com

Great Youtube footage there.

What happened to you guys in the Targa Tasmania in the end?

Troy.

You can view in car footage of my car taking part in Targa Tas this year if you’re interested. Just go to Utube type in Fiat Punto Targa 2007 and you will get a fun bit of in car & some still shots.

Awesome - I've seen pictures of your car from I think the Targa Tasmania site - didn't know you're on this forum.

(y)

i'd ignore the quoted prices and autoexpress ones, they are estimates, we won't know the price until it is on the forecourt not to mention a generous discount after a few months.

they wont be far off the mark they never are.as for discount they will be a rare site on the road even up to now 17months after its appearance there aint even a lot m-jet sporting on the road its all actives,sports,1.4 sportings the discount wont be that of a mainstream gp,apart from us on this forum,do you anyone who would fork out £15k excluding extras on a punto.it comes out next year it makes its official production appearance next week at the Frankfurt motor show

what price did you get the gp t-jet 120bhp including options if you dont mind me asking;) :D

lol, i got a 1.4 T-JET 120 sporting in carribean orange, orange seats, skydome and sunroof for £10,067, i got 20% off the list price.

they wont be far off the mark they never are.as for discount they will be a rare site on the road even up to now 17months after its appearance there aint even a lot m-jet sporting on the road its all actives,sports,1.4 sportings the discount wont be that of a mainstream gp,apart from us on this forum,do you anyone who would fork out £15k excluding extras on a punto.it comes out next year it makes its official production appearance next week at the Frankfurt motor show

Y think you wiil be able get £2k off list price, the sporting m-jet are going for £10,500 so around £13k. Take your point though I can't see many people buying it over her, the grande sporting is quite a rare car. Think it should do well in Italy, really think a lot will depend on the handling and fun factor, not so much engine power.

don't tend to see the top of the range models of cars in foreign countrys, noramally just the base model.

the abarth in any form of power ie 150/180bhp is the car most GP owner aspire to have i know i do.i don't like second best so do most guys.hopefully there will some nice photos of it on motoring websites after the Frankfurt motor show in some other colours other than white or red,maybe even new colour's as for competing with the likes of cars ie corsa,clio the gp just seems slightly detached from them they dont carry the stigma that fiat do so its always going to be a uphill battle no matter what the engine output the abarth has.

I respect the corpse of my old A112 Abarth from the 80's more than this crap.

how can people complain about it, its absolutely gorgeous. would choose one of these over a fiesta/focus st

nobody is asking you to buy one are they:confused:

No but I believe I can say i disrespect it without being in the market to buy one? :confused:

Or is political correctness going to new levels of pointlessness and futility on here? :confused:

It is a public forum after all everyone is entitled to an opinion, if you dont like it then you dont reply to the thread or bypass the comment

If all GP owners are expecting gushing praise over the new abarth from everyone then im afraid they will be in for a suprise

No but I believe I can say i disrespect it without being in the market to buy one? :confused:

Or is political correctness going to new levels of pointlessness and futility on here? :confused:

nowt wrong with disliking it i like the normal looking GP abarth the eessee is a horrendous looking thing tasteless(n) (n) (n) (n) (n)

Back