Gospel hall brethren

Currently reading:
Gospel hall brethren

Dominion

haven't got enough lette
This is a new one on me, but maybe someone here knows something about this.

My son is friends at school with a nice kid whose mum is into this gospel hall brethren stuff. Apparently, according to her, it is against her religion to associate with anyone who is a non-believer. This means that her kid can't play at his friends' homes or go to parties or even play out of school with non-believers. Poor little dude has been getting quite upset by this at school as he sees all his pals going bowling together etc and he can't join in.

Question is - does this sound legit? Personally I find ot all a bit tragic.

Let's face it, most of the worlds' problems are caused by religious intolerance. I sit on the fence so you could call me a non-practising Christian but , y' know, if someone likes one thing and someone likes something else what's the problem? My late brother-in-law & his family were Jehovahs witnesses - no Christmases or birthdays for the Kids' then there was the time their 3-year old daughter told her Granny that "Jehovah says you are evil and will go to Hell". What is going on?

This is a new one on me, but maybe someone here knows something about this.

My son is friends at school with a nice kid whose mum is into this gospel hall brethren stuff. Apparently, according to her, it is against her religion to associate with anyone who is a non-believer. This means that her kid can't play at his friends' homes or go to parties or even play out of school with non-believers. Poor little dude has been getting quite upset by this at school as he sees all his pals going bowling together etc and he can't join in.

Question is - does this sound legit? Personally I find ot all a bit tragic.
So when he is at school the little lad can "associate" with the other kids, but not out of school? I wonder if the school know that she is saying this?

From talking to people about this there seems to be a distinct difference between gospel and gospel hall,

It seems the latter like to completely cut themselves off from society and any 'non believers' including other Christian groups

They are in the grey area between religion and cult and many countries already treat them as a cult organisation

My cousin was a Jehovah's Witness and when she started associating with non witness friends all her Jehovah's family and friends diss associated her so none of them were allowed to talk to her.. Eventually she went back as she felt so isolated.
It's run by people called elders and as far as I can see their just controllers .
I feel for the young Ladd.

Just catching up with this.

I have been off work for the last few weeks so I have been taking my kids to school and picking them up. My eldest lad comes out of school with his mate, the one who is not allowed to associate with "non-believers" pretty much every day. They walk out of school together, so obviously, I have to walk out with this kid's mother. It's hard work, but I force her to make polite conversation, which she clearly hates as I'm not a member of her cult :devil:

What future for this poor little fella, who is lovely by the way :(

Back