Glossary

Currently reading:
Glossary

Alex

Now hacking in PHP
How about a context sensitive glossary, which underlines words (like arb, and carb, etc...) with some help text like a description or the unabbreviated meaning (so for arb - Anti Roll Bar - Suspention Component) when you hover your mouse over it.

hey Im new to this. I like the idea too. i can see why some people might get annoyed with it tho.

Installed - but I don't know what words you want done... post ideas below, currently just FIAT done :D - and before people complain it looks dodgy, I know - I've already requested a feature where the box is only as wide as the text - so expect that soon.

(You can do just words to popup words, or words which popup to a link - so a link to Wiki or something...)

Oh and to disable it, go into the control panel > options (it's at the bottom)

HG - Head Gasket
ARB - Anti-roll bar
CC - Cubic Centemeters

I don't know if it may even be a good idea to enter stuff like cam and sump, a cam being an offcentered doo-dar and a sump being that thing where all the oil lives :)

Oh another acronym - ECU - Electronic Control Unit (NOT ENGINE control unit) - EDIT <- that looks like I may have been having a dig at helcat, who also put the same thing, and was also correct

Back