Technical Gearbox mount/dog bone won't budge

Currently reading:
Technical Gearbox mount/dog bone won't budge

use a screwdriver to force bits of rubber in,

you can use Hosepipe, old rubber car mats work,

wet your fingers when working with sikaflex or any other silicone,

Ok, will definitely wear gloves, if it's anything like expanding foam (like I imagine it to be) then I can see it being hella sticky! :eek:

Just got hold of some sickaflex, will hopefully be giving this a go tomorrow, hope it helps

Thanks

ionly posted that as ithought this was a temp fix, :confused:

iwouidnt treat this as permanant anyway,

either way once mot tester sees its gunked up it will be Marked as advisory,

been there and done this several times, if mount is totaly goosed gunking it up
wont fix it permantly,

Mod'ers most prob fill the gaps, or otherwise why wouid they buy new mount
to do this,? money down the drain if so,

I've attempted to fill it with sickaflex, was cut short by the gun exploding under pressure..to shop tomorrow to buy new gun!

The little that I did do was very awkward to do, even when the car was jacked up it was very hard to get the gun and sickaflex into the mount..don't help it was dark..

I've attempted to fill it with sickaflex, was cut short by the gun exploding under pressure..to shop tomorrow to buy new gun!

The little that I did do was very awkward to do, even when the car was jacked up it was very hard to get the gun and sickaflex into the mount..don't help it was dark..
i have an old kettle at work
i open the sickaflex or whatever high bonding im using so it wont explode
plonk it in the kettle put to boil and go do another job
these products need using once opened so use what you need and throw away usually
only use with latex gloves on mind 2 pairs is pref:D

i have an old kettle at work
i open the sickaflex or whatever high bonding im using so it wont explode
plonk it in the kettle put to boil and go do another job
these products need using once opened so use what you need and throw away usually
only use with latex gloves on mind 2 pairs is pref:D

Wish I knew before hand, haha!
Hmm not good as there's half tube left and I have to wait to pick up another gun tomorrow! Yes I doubled up with gloves, lucky I did too! :D

Sickaflex has done a decent job, but seeing as it is a temporary fix I will want to eventually tackle this bolt again..so it got me thinking, as I have no access to heat I will use some penetrating oil, what are people's opinions on which is best, etc..

I'm thinking plusgas, gt85 and also heard of some shock and freeze products that are fairly new to me?

What's recommended for this situation, thanks in advance :)

Sickaflex has done a decent job, but seeing as it is a temporary fix I will want to eventually tackle this bolt again..so it got me thinking, as I have no access to heat I will use some penetrating oil, what are people's opinions on which is best, etc..

I'm thinking plusgas, gt85 and also heard of some shock and freeze products that are fairly new to me?

What's recommended for this situation, thanks in advance :)

you need this up in the air idealy mate,

shame your not abit near'er or we couid get it up on my mates 4 post lift,

you need this up in the air idealy mate,

shame your not abit near'er or we couid get it up on my mates 4 post lift,

Hmm seems I live too far away from anything that can benefit my car, can never find a good local motor shop for parts, can't even find anywhere that stocks plusgas now either, :rolleyes:

Appreciate the thought, hopefully I will be able to get under it soon as my dads mate has a pit that I may be able to borrow quickly to give me much better access!

If I came into some serious money, honestly one of the first things I would do is install a 4 post lift outside my house

pitt is handy but its the width,

istruggled doing mine over a pitt, ended up banging my arms on the walls trying get a good swing on the bar,

what you need to do is get a decent tight fitting socket,
good bar

and loosen it bit by bit but ..tighten then loosen to work the thread free if you get what imean, this bolt goes in a long way so you need work agood part of it
free before going for the full out, or it will snap,

Yep that is the problem with this pit, width, will give it a try anyway, gotta be better than me lying on floor stretching under car tryna pull, possibly risking the bolt head :p

Socket - check
I've got a half decent bar, under meter long though...

I get what you mean, tbh the first time I attempted it, I lightly attempted to undo the bolt and it kinda jerked a couple inches anti clockwise, but didn't budge after that

That gun could possibly be a good investment :thumbup:

ithink a 12v impact gun might work,/help.

not to unloosen it but to give it that shock if you know what imean,

this bolt as most probs been in there 13years, (ish)

I will consider one of these as I've always had my eye on one anyway :)

I'm also going to invest in some plusgas because, well why the hell not I'm trying everything else so no harm giving this a go ;)

True my bet is that it's been in there that long also!

Back