Technical Gearbox help?

Currently reading:
Technical Gearbox help?

Tony 77

Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me. My friend has a 2007 1.2 litre Fiat Punto with a knackered gearbox.I did find a 2009 Punto 1.4 gearbox but he said that it is different to his gearbox.
What gearboxes would fit his 2007 1.2 Punto? It's a manual gearbox
Many thanks

Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me. My friend has a 2007 1.2 litre Fiat Punto with a knackered gearbox.I did find a 2009 Punto 1.4 gearbox but he said that it is different to his gearbox.
Many thanks
Hi. At 2007 its probably the 199 model, GrandePunto

I think the standard 5 speed will be the same from 2006 to @2012.. they are getting old now.. so plenty being broken

That is a GM:VAUXHALL gearbox.. it isnt that durable :(

Hi. At 2007 its probably the 199 model, GrandePunto

I think the standard 5 speed will be the same from 2006 to @2012.. they are getting old now.. so plenty being broken

That is a GM:VAUXHALL gearbox.. it isnt that durable :(
Would a 1.4 manual gearbox from a 2009 fit his 2007 1.2 Punto?

Would a 1.4 manual gearbox from a 2009 fit his 2007 1.2 Punto?

Have a read:

Here is a link to the parts system:

As you will see 1.2 vs 1.4 are different codes

it is possible it can be a simple repair (for a gearbox)

The earlier box can be repaired. The usual failure is the small bearing next to the clutch which is easily accessed by taking the gearbox off the bellhousing.

Some of the later pages of this guide are talking about the same repair for the grand punto gearbox

The earlier box can be repaired. The usual failure is the small bearing next to the clutch which is easily accessed by taking the gearbox off the bellhousing.

Some of the later pages of this guide are talking about the same repair for the grand punto gearbox

There is a GUIDE by Whitz in the Cinquecento section.. has good photos

Back