Technical Further Dualogic Query

Currently reading:
Technical Further Dualogic Query

DavyP

Hi,all.
I've seen on here ,somewhere, how to clear air from the clutch actuator, but can't find it at the moment. The contributor suggested a method of changing the hydraulic oil ,by disconnecting the return pipe and pumping the clutch actuator with the gearbox in Man and the ignition 'on' but engine not running. The thing is, according to the M20 gearbox manual ,the return pipe is a preformed rubber tube, and ,no doubt, it will probably be damaged when removing it , as the connectors have a push on locking type connector.
I can't see Fiat selling these pipes, as I presume the smallest part sold will be the whole selespeed unit. Has anyone replaced this pipe with any other tubing ? and ,more importantly ,pipe diameter? and did it work?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Hi, it may have been me who suggested that simple and effective way to change the synthetic ATF fluid. I have had the return pipe off and on without damage, its softish rubber and is not under any fluid pressure. If you needed to you could re secure it with a screw type jubilee clip.

Bergi

Back