Technical Fuel tank

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel tank

There's a hole in the top of the fuel tank where the fuel pump goes. The pump is secured by about 8 or 10 little bolts that screw onto some captive threaded studs. One of my studs is snapped off... so there's a small but persistent leak.

Does anyone know if the studs are available separately or as part of another component, or if they are fixed to the fuel tank?

Anyone have any ideas of the best way to fix it? I can swap the tank for a good replacement if I have to, so anything involving taking the fuel tank out should have something to recommend it.

Ideally I'd like to not take the tank out unless taking the tank out is the easier option.

Ralf S.

The studs are part of the fuel tank. I snapped one of those too, but in ccs there are like 12 or 14 of them IIRC (Seicento has few less). It did not leak but just make sure I patched things with epoxy glue (it actually says on my tube it's good for fuel leaks). It's kind of a stupid solution because it will be diffucult to take it off, but it should be possible.

Cheers,

Woj

And taking the tank out can hardly be "an easier option" for anything... /Woj

Back