Free chips! for dogs only

Currently reading:
Free chips! for dogs only

I would always have a dog chipped it seems silly not to. and if the dogs trust are doing it for free then there is really no reason not to.

Actually my dog has now been chipped twice, the first one stopped working when I had it checked by the vet one day, so she put another chip in for free. the first one only cost £10 which isn't far off the cost you would expect to pay for an engraved tag.

A friend of mine had his dog stolen so a tag on a collar isn't going to help much but a chip might get you your dog back

I think people should be chipped as well - put a stop to the undesirables making multiple benefit claims under assumed identities.
No chip... no benefits, no nhs treatments, could also be used with bank pin to replace a card (scan the chip, enter secret pin #, scanner could even incorporate a thumbprint scanner(to work whilst you hold the device over your chip)). it could even be beneficialy to high risk businesses to scan people as they come through the door (banks, jewellers etc).

that's a bit big brother though, also chips stop working, so if your chip stopped you wouldn't exist no more :eek:
And that wouldn't be a bad thing for some of the knuckle draggers I see moping around town :D
big brother? Your #plate is scanned when you fill up with fuel, your card registers when you pay for goods & services (so supermarkets already know your shopping habits), CCTV cameras everywhere...
I'd far rather have a tiny implant than a wallet full of cards that can be easily cloned/pinched.

Hence why I think it should be a multi-tier security system.
Whilst you hold the scanner over your chip, you also touch the fingerprint scanner/s. the chip could also contain info for a low res picture ?
Added to this, you would enter your pin# (of whichever account you want the money taken from/put into).
The system does whatever it does now to confirm that the pin is verified.

When I first saw the contactless chip on cards I felt it was a scammer's paradise.

Of course, we could always adopt an idea from the nazis & tattoo a number on everyone's arm (or a barcode/QR code (saw that idea in a sci-fi))

please contact a centre directly to book a mutually convenient

Last edited:
Back