Technical Forte Advanced Formula Motor Flush

Currently reading:
Technical Forte Advanced Formula Motor Flush

Roswell

Any good?

I just got some to chuck in my Sei before I change the oil as I've no idea when it was last changed or what oil was used.

Be careful, an unknown oil change history may leave a lot of oil deposits in the engine, flushing can dislodge and block oilways resulting in bad results :eek:

Also, it may clear more out if you run it for weeks, but you may be doing harm. You can run a car a few laps on a track without oil (remember the top gear test), just because it still goes, doesn't mean you haven't caused premature wear.

I'd use replace the oil for cheap mineral with a new filter for a few 1000 miles, then give it a flush, as directed, and top up with a quality oil. Less chance of anything big being dislodged then.

Saying that, 100 different people with have a 100 differeing views, some use diesel instead of oil for a short period. I know for a fact, i won't run a flush treatment for any length of time though.

Kristian

I use them cans of engine cleaner from halfords.
What i do is... when its time for a oil change. drive to halfords. the engine and oil will be up to temp by then. buy the flush and filter. put the flush into the engine in the car park then drive home. I dont strain the engine but dont drive like a granny either.

then when i get home i put it stright on the ramps and dump the oil when its still very hot.

I do this on my bikes and car and can tell you they are spotless inside. no damage or wear from it at all.

I use them cans of engine cleaner from halfords.
What i do is... when its time for a oil change. drive to halfords. the engine and oil will be up to temp by then. buy the flush and filter. put the flush into the engine in the car park then drive home. I dont strain the engine but dont drive like a granny either.

then when i get home i put it stright on the ramps and dump the oil when its still very hot.

I do this on my bikes and car and can tell you they are spotless inside. no damage or wear from it at all.

most of them halfords flushes are just parafin. get forte

thing is all decent oil has detergent in it anyway.
thats why if you search online about what oil people use you will always get a good few saying they use ***** cheapo oil. and that they like it cos it seams to stay spotless for long.

the reason for this is there will be no detergent (not REALLY a bad thing mind) so carbon will just clog together and sink to the bottom

thing is all decent oil has detergent in it anyway.
thats why if you search online about what oil people use you will always get a good few saying they use ***** cheapo oil. and that they like it cos it seams to stay spotless for long.

the reason for this is there will be no detergent (not REALLY a bad thing mind) so carbon will just clog together and sink to the bottom

i had some of that posh shell stuff that has loads of cleaners in it, am sure they evaporate out, i was always having to top up when i used that, i gone back to comma fully synth now, and use loads less

Really depends on what you want to do. If I don't know the history of a car (or the oil is obviously fubar) I drain it cold, refill with ASDA own brand multigrade, run the car till the fan cycles 3 times, drain it, change the filter, re-fill with decent oil. You should see the filth that comes out.

Most oils contain detergents, anyway (all unless you use a classic straight oil or a castor) so I really don't see a need for special detergents.

Back