Technical Oil flush

Currently reading:
Technical Oil flush

Mamuuut

Hi,
Planning on changing the oil soon, and I would like to flush it since the previous owner wasn´t very concerned with regular oil changes. Do you recommend it? Watched a Scotty Kilmer vid after which I became unsure. It´s an 0,9 with around 106000 km/ 65 000 mil. Also do you have any oil changing tips for a ,,first timer´´?
Thank you for your help!

If flushing it then just use a cheap oil rather than one of these oil flushes. Run it for a while, then drop it and put good oil in.

scotty kilmer is a tool.

i would do as already mentioned. put some cheap oil and a new filter on. run with for a couple of thousand miles and then change it again.

i personally do more regular oil changes with cheaper oil rather than using more expensive oil and waiting longer between changes. filter wise, just use something half decent. unknown ebay brands are hit and miss.

For a first timer - buy a nice set of sump plug adapters and possibly a oil filer removal tool. The type with the rubber strap are good and also handy for other jobs sometimes. If not the screwdriver and hammer can help remove stubborn filter.

Back