Styling Footwell neons to work with Interior Light

Currently reading:
Styling Footwell neons to work with Interior Light

Hi All,

Still not done this myself i'm thinking of doing it with a sneaky switch above the fuse so the lights dont come on all the time. especially since I love the idea of yellow leds under the car coming on when I open my door ;)

How do I run the wires down from the interior light? my pillars both ahve airbags running down them

Tony

Hi All,

Still not done this myself i'm thinking of doing it with a sneaky switch above the fuse so the lights dont come on all the time. especially since I love the idea of yellow leds under the car coming on when I open my door ;)

How do I run the wires down from the interior light? my pillars both ahve airbags running down them

Tony
i hav no idea.. maybe you could rund the wire behind the air bag? im not too sure..

B pillars maybe but I didnt know the A pillars have air bags.

Anyhow, disconnect battery and leave it for 30 minutes while you have a cuppa etc. The A pillar trims are clipped on so carefully pull them off and feed the new wires down with a suitable wire. Don't worry about overload as LEDs use about 10% of a normal bulb's power.

When you know the nw wires are in nice & neat and any disturbed airbag connectors are properly plugged, put the trims back and reconnect the battery.

Heres the hole! :p where the red sub wire goes

Attachments

• IMG00159-20110423-1332.jpg
    IMG00159-20110423-1332.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 22
just gave me undercar neons a good wipe been over a year since i had and they wer very dim lol loads of dirton them

used white spirit to clean them good as new now :D was going to get a pic of them on me intercooler but forgot LOL il get one tomorrow night (y)

just done mine 2day looks ace :)

Awesome! Got any photos?

just gave me undercar neons a good wipe been over a year since i had and they wer very dim lol loads of dirton them

used white spirit to clean them good as new now :D was going to get a pic of them on me intercooler but forgot LOL il get one tomorrow night (y)

I'm seriously debating putting some underneath! Wondering where to attach them to. Not looked under the car either mind. So it's hardly like i've prepared myself! :p

Awesome! Got any photos?

I'm seriously debating putting some underneath! Wondering where to attach them to. Not looked under the car either mind. So it's hardly like i've prepared myself! :p

not much to attach it too tbh...i tigersealed me side ones up took p*ss to do...had to get all dirt off from under car first....under front and rear bumpers bit easier i tigersealed them on still but can drill holes in bottom off bumpers and cable tie or use brackets :)

If you have a dremel, use the little sanding thing to clean the bottom of the car oh make sure you dont put then where you jak the car up :p

LOL i put my right against the sills...dnmt jack the car from the sill anyway they just bend lol

looks a tw*t having sinde neons at sill thought becasue you see the strips...get sideskirts and much better cant see the strip but get a good shine :D

Back