Technical Floor panal rust

Currently reading:
Technical Floor panal rust

conors891

2000 fiat punto mk2 1.2ltr. Car failed its nct last week due to rust in the rear footwell. I have attached a photo. Its the same on both sides. Just wondering whats the best course of action to take, is it even worth fixing. It seems like a big job to do it properly. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20150620_194429.jpg
    IMG_20150620_194429.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 146
that depends if its worth fixing, if you dont got anyone to weld for you, its gonna set you back alot more, and there is probably more rust which will be uncovered when cleaning everything and costs will go up even more
find some garage and show them holes and ask for an estimate

to minimise costs remove front and back seats to lift carpet, you could also try cleaning everything underneath, removing all the rust you can see so they will only need to weld plates and apply anti rust coating

I reckon its going to cost a fortune to pay someone to do it. I should be able to cut and weld myself. My problem is that the floor panel is not flat so Im going to have to bend and shape the plate that im welding in for it to fit and to look right.

If I could just pass the nct and buy myself another year I'd be happy

What I'm going to do is cut out the rust, then find a scrap punto with a solid floor and cut out the part of the floor panel that I need and weld it in. Ill keep this thread updated with the progress and pictures if it helps anyone who is reading it that has similar problems

What I'm going to do is cut out the rust, then find a scrap punto with a solid floor and cut out the part of the floor panel that I need and weld it in. Ill keep this thread updated with the progress and pictures if it helps anyone who is reading it that has similar problems

i think its faster to weld plates in rather than to cut it from another punto and weld that in

Faster yes, but i think the proper floor from a punto would be better. Puntos are so common, that have scrap ones every where. We'll see I might do either

Well if I don't find one with a solid floor then I'll be making plates

Back