Technical Flashing odometer, no Blue&Me connectivity, USB down.

Currently reading:
Technical Flashing odometer, no Blue&Me connectivity, USB down.

stereodista

Hi all,

Seems to be a common problem among 500s, but since Saturday, I’ve had a flashing odometer, no Blue&Me connectivity (with the associated buttons on the steering wheel down), and nothing coming through the USB port power-wise.

I’ve already disconnected and reconnected the battery and removed the 10-amp red fuse and replaced that, but nothing makes any difference.

I don’t think (or hope!) the B&M module has failed, but rather that wires have been (at least figuratively) crossed — iPhone failed to connect properly last week as there was some water in the charging port, and was then prompted to input passcode a few days later when connected via USB. That was the last time it was recognised at all, but even then it wouldn’t connect.

Is a proxi alignment what’s called for? Unfortunately I can’t get that done for ~a month where I am, and would obviously sooner get it sorted before then!

Any further suggestions would be hugely appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Welcome, what year is the car?
Yep will need proxi alignment to find out what's wrong.
There is another option rip out the radio and replace with a aftermarket one with far better connectivity but would still need proxi alignment

Last edited:
Could well have failed the blue and me, keep an eye ear on the battery state if its failed it can flattern the battery if the cars not driven regularly though it could be more simple if the port has failed a second hand one could be used but are often not cheap, the b&m receiver is in the rear passenger panel

Could well have failed the blue and me, keep an eye ear on the battery state if its failed it can flattern the battery if the cars not driven regularly though it could be more simple if the port has failed a second hand one could be used but are often not cheap, the b&m receiver is in the rear passenger panel
OK, thanks again for the advice! Presuming the proxi alignment is still the first port of call before going and buying any replacement parts?

Back